Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-04-2021, 06:23 PM   #1
gwilkrrs

2007 Keystone replacement parts

I am looking for replacement body panels-
Any ideas? I found something at trekwood but have to call to verify

Thanks
gwilkrrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 06:33 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

If your looking for metal panels, I would try a www search for RV metal siding. We still get brand new sheets in 16 ft lengths.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 06:56 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Any panel longer than around 8' will have to be "trucked" not FEDEX, UPS or USPS. That will cost an OUTRAGEOUS shipping fee.

If I were you, I'd contact any brand RV dealership parts department (shop around at all in your local area since most of the parts are "generic and used on every brand from every manufacturer) and get their price. Most buy from a "warehouse with contracted delivery on a weekly basis". So, the shipping charges will be significantly less...

As an example, your local dealership may be able to get you a painted J-wrap panel 14" wide and 16' long for $175. Shipping from Trekwood will likely be over the $200 mark and you still haven't paid for the panel....

So, shop around, check EBay, Amazon and even Craigslist. Often people are trying to unload an old trailer and you may get lucky and find one you can tow home, disassemble and get most of the parts you need. Then just tow what's left to a salvage yard or a scrap metal yard after "making firewood" from the combustible parts.....

ADDED: Many times, an RV service department or even a mobile RV repairman will have to order a 16' sheet of J-wrap to repair a trailer, use only 3 or 4 feet of it and have the rest of the panel "taking up space in his workshop" and will be happy to cut you a deal to get it out of his way.... So, shop wisely, don't just call Trekwood and spend a small fortune on a part that really should only cost a few dollars if you pay attention to how you shop.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone