Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2020, 05:10 AM   #41
chuckster57
Site Team

When KeyTV is working, it’s very simple. No booster button to find and straight forward labels at the module.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 08:29 AM   #42
John57

Mine hasnt worked from day one. Another quality control issue from Keystone. I have bypassed it - running my cable in through a window.
John57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 10:42 AM   #43
skids

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
Well if he really has 12 VDC out of the KeyTV box at where I indicated and he measured up at antenna on roof and 12 volts is there he has other issues

Wish you the best
Chuck, I think i would have to remove the Dicor to expose the cable connection.
Old 07-19-2020, 11:02 AM   #44
purebred

I ended up bypassing the system with a 4 way splitter in lieu of the key tv module. Eliminating each special splitter at each outlet, running direct to each tv. I ended up having a splitter in my bedroom behind the tv and installed a amplified tv antenna. Seems like the antenna with the 12 volt amp coupled to the antenna on the roof works great now. Simple but works great.
purebred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 01:11 PM   #45
purebred

Update on bypassing key tv module

I am adding an update to my progress in problems with the key tv module. After two replacements I decided to bypass the key tv module. I tried numerous amplifiers to try and add 12 volts to the existing batwing furrion antenna. It never seemed right about the amplifiers added to the system as put out by others on this site. I finally was able to get with a fellow at an rv park that was an expert in electronics and he steered me to a product that fixed my problem. He stated an amplifier added to the circuit would not work properly. He showed me a product which I ordered from E-Bay called a King Jack antenna power injector #PB1000. All it does is inject 12 volts DC to your existing furrion amplified antenna and by gosh it works better than it ever did with the key tv module. If you want a quick fix and your furrion tv antenna is still working give it a try.
Old 09-19-2020, 02:32 PM   #46
sourdough
Site Team

Glad you got it working like you want. Just stopped in and visited with the tech working on my RV yesterday. One of the items is the KeyTV. He agreed it was out and that they were going to replace the units but they keep going out. He inquired how I used it, which is very minimal, and he advised just removing the KeyTV equipment. I had thought that was what he was going to do so I'll have to get back to the SM but just another confirmation that it's a problematic solution looking for a problem.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 02:49 AM   #47
purebred

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Glad you got it working like you want. Just stopped in and visited with the tech working on my RV yesterday. One of the items is the KeyTV. He agreed it was out and that they were going to replace the units but they keep going out. He inquired how I used it, which is very minimal, and he advised just removing the KeyTV equipment. I had thought that was what he was going to do so I'll have to get back to the SM but just another confirmation that it's a problematic solution looking for a problem.
Problem is with removing the key tv module you still have to use your furrion antenna and if you do it has to have 12 volts DC to work right. This simple voltage injector will do the trick as long as the furrion antenna is not at fault.

Tags
mod