Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2020, 03:48 PM   #21
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cenders View Post
I'd contact the manufacturer of your system, and pose the question to them. They'll probably tell you that once the system has been "leveled", it won't be able to repeat the process without first getting essentially reset. I'm guessing these controllers haven't been programmed to cover that scenario.

As far as I know they have been. We have several members that have done it. I have leveled a customer unit, come back in 2 days and repeat the process without a reset. I agree he might want to contact Lippert, they have excellent tech support and customer service.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 02:56 AM   #22
Zooms2

I have the same model trailer and the auto leveling has never worked. The dealer has "fixed" it several times, but when I try, it faults out. The service manager had it fault out on him, all they do is reset the fault code. It's a bad system. Keystone says it's a dealer issue. In order to use the trailer I just manually level it with the front and rear jacks. I've never seen the middle jacks even move.
Zooms2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 03:48 AM   #23
chuckster57
Site Team

You might have a rear sensor issue. Has anybody opened the underbelly and verified the rear sensor is attached, solid and facing the right way?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:07 AM   #24
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooms2 View Post
I have the same model trailer and the auto leveling has never worked. The dealer has "fixed" it several times, but when I try, it faults out. The service manager had it fault out on him, all they do is reset the fault code. It's a bad system. Keystone says it's a dealer issue. In order to use the trailer I just manually level it with the front and rear jacks. I've never seen the middle jacks even move.
I'd be finding a new shop if its still under warranty, or even if not.
I think it's a great system, would not buy another without it, sounds like the biggest issue with yours is they're too lazy to do the work.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 08:17 AM   #25
ChuckS

Since it’s larger Montana I know it has hydraulic six point level up system. It’s the best system out in the market ..

Simple system design..components pretty good.. easy to keep in good working order and very easy to troubleshoot.

Mine is 7 years old now... only issue it’s ever had was OP error for lousy battery terminal connections that I didn’t see oxidation on underneath.

I’ve calibrated zero point one time..7 years ago. Find an RV place that has a clue..

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 12:55 PM   #26
chuckster57
Site Team

If it’s 6 point hydraulic, I agree. I’ve never seen the hydraulic system error out and the middle legs not extend. I have seen and fixed the 6 point electric system.

Old 02-10-2020, 04:49 PM   #27
ChuckS

On these hydraulic systems the mid and rear legs on each side operate in tandem.. one is connected to the other. I can’t see how the middle legs won’t extend on both sides...

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 08:37 AM   #28
jimborokz

I believe Bobbecky gave the best sequence to relevel using auto level. Last year while at my long time site I kept hearing what I thought was a clicking in the hydraulic system. Went outside and held my hand on the left landing jack and felt it there. seemed as though the solenoid was "creeping" down, hardly perceptible. Checked the level and it was -2 low in front. Manually raised it back level with slides out and had no issue after that. Never happened again. I'm thinking a solenoid just didn't close completely or something. other than that one time the system has performed perfectly for three years and I will never have a rig without it again. One time on a sloping site I started with the nose low and it leveled without erroring out, but gave me an error when I went to hook back up. Just hooked up and manually retracted all jacks. It was after that I read it here about always starting nose high
jimborokz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, leveling