Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2019, 12:36 PM   #1
Sandals 123

Cupboard lighting ideas?

Hello all, we have been throughly enjoying our 29RKS and the RV lifestyle in general.. Who knew?

One issue that I would like to address is lighting ideas for our cupboards and pantry. I find them very dark and often end up pulling out a flashlight to help.

I bought a few of the stick-on battery operated lights from Canadian Tire.. But they seem to never stick well enough.

Has anyone found a better solution for this issue?, Should I ask my dealer to wire some lights in for me?

Thanks
Alan
Sandals 123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 12:42 PM   #2
Logan X

I put some of the motion activated, LED, stick on lights in my cabinets. Once the adhesive stopped working, I had been using them long enough to know they were working like I wanted them to. I permanently attached the backing plate to the cabinet with a screw.
Logan X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 12:56 PM   #3
Sandals 123

Thanks Logan! Never thought about the motion sensor types, the ones I had you had to find it and turn it on.
Sandals 123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 02:22 PM   #4
LHaven

Harbor Freight sells LED lights that look like wall light switches. They have screw keyholes and magnets both, so you can either put mounting screws in your cabinets or epoxy a thin ferrous plate inside. They are so bright you can barely look directly at them (in fact, they sell a dimmable model for significantly more). You can swap new batteries in when needed. They are under $4, and appear often in their coupon roster as "free with any other purchase."

(This weekend, it's the blue hand worklight that is free with any purchase. I keep these all around my home and trailer, but I wouldn't mount them in a cabinet due to the pushbutton being awkward there, as well as the two alternating bulbs.)
Old 07-05-2019, 04:36 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

These are the ones I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 4 for $6 from Amazon. They use AAA batteries, have a OFF/AUTO/ON switch and when the motion sensor activates, it automatically shuts off 30 seconds later. I've got them in several places in the trailer and they seem to last, at least all this season. Not too bright and make a great night light or pantry illuminator.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 05:09 PM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

We bought some self adhesive/magnetic lights (6) to use in the various places we want lights and they've worked well. The magnetic base actually holds them in place tightly.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 07:02 PM   #7
CaptnJohn

Instead of screws in my last 5er I used industrial strength Velcro. New Montana has motion detection lights in all inside and all but 1 outside compartment. The 3761fl has 9 outside compartment doors.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 10:53 PM   #8
FlyingAroundRV

If you find that the supplied adhesive doesn't hold, get some 3M Command strips to fasten the lights with. You need to support the light with something for the first 24 hours until the adhesive gets a firm grip. After that, they stick like sh*t to bunny fur! The best part of the Command strips is that they can be removed without damaging the surface if you want to get rid of the light or reposition it. Not so much if you start drilling and screwing things on.
2018 Outback 272UFL

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCscotthendry
FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light