Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2018, 05:12 PM   #1
Easton091

Good all season cover to fit 2018 cougar 29bhs

Looking on amazon, nothing has great reviews. I live in SE Michigan and looking for a cover that i could get 2-3 years out of.
Easton091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 06:45 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

All I can say is "Good Luck".... When we first moved back to northern Michgian, I bought the "best cover CW sells" It lasted one season. I found that any cover, if not "tended to constantly" will loosen and when the wind blows, it rubs the paint off the trailer, wears at the edges of the TPO roof, breaks the gutter extensions and once it freezes to the roof, it's a permanent part of the RV until all the ice melts in the spring.

We built a pole barn about 7 years ago, that's the only cover I'd recommend for "Michigan winters".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 08:20 PM   #3
440justin

Check out CalMark covers. Mine has held up very well over the last 5 northern Illinois winters. They use very high end material and have a 6 year warranty, nothing at CW even comes close to the quality.

http://calmarkcovers.com

The website has lost of good information about their covers and you can even request a frabic sample, you will see their fabric is very different than what the other cover manufacturers are offering.

My parents have also been using CalMark covers on their trailers the last 5 winters in central Minnesota with very good luck. My dad use to only get 2 winters out of the other covers he was buying from CW and Amazon.
Old 05-19-2018, 02:07 PM   #4
bill-e

I just finished my 3rd winter with my Adco Cover. Aside from a few mouse holes which happened last summer it is still in great shape. I sized mine at the top of the size range so it would fit more snug that getting one where my trailer length was at the lower end. My box is 28.6 and I bought a cover with a max size of 28.8.

No abrasion from the cover.

2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
2015 Cougar 26RBI
bill-e is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, cover