Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2015, 12:01 PM   #1
TheCabralFamily

IMPORTANT.....Prevent a Major Leak

Good Afternoon

A few months back we were enjoying a great weekend of camping! We went out for the day, and came back to water POURING out the entire front of the Toy hauler!!!

The leak was caused by the small spray nozzle in the Master Bathroom. I'm not sure if all Raptors and other Toy Haulers have this, but remove it asap! It helps in spraying the toilet clean.

It was a 4' hose off the water line to the toilet, with a kitchen style spray nozzle. One you find in older style kitchen sinks. The head of it cracked, and caused a full on 3" flood that took out a LOT!

Even after replacing it with a stronger one, it cracked as well.

So if you have one, get rid of it,,,

Good Luck!
TheCabralFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 02:10 PM   #2
jsmith948

When we leave our RV to sight see or whatever, if dry camping we make sure the pump is off, if connected to city water, we make sure the water is turned off at the cg connection. No surprises that way when we return

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 02:22 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith948 View Post
When we leave our RV to sight see or whatever, if dry camping we make sure the pump is off, if connected to city water, we make sure the water is turned off at the cg connection. No surprises that way when we return
We do the same thing. And any time I remove water pressure I also turn off the water heater. It's not supposed to drain down, but with my luck........

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 04:39 PM   #4
Dave W

That sounds like a SeaLand toilet - and that sprayer is one of the gadgets that I trashed on our last 5er along with their vacuum breaker after the second one cracked.

But, with that said, I make it a point to shut the water off if we are going to be away. I have a splitter with a shutoff at the CG water source as well as another at the trailer inlet and one of them or the CG faucet gets shut off when we are away. RVs just do not, unfortunately, have S&B home quality fixtures or even really good quality installations and building code inspections unless you spend the time and money to change things for the better.

I hope you were able to dry things out well including the basement insulation
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 04:45 PM   #5
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith948 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
We do the same thing. And any time I remove water pressure I also turn off the water heater. It's not supposed to drain down, but with my luck........
Yep....

And blowing two of the spray nozzles one right after the other I got to wonder... if he's running a pressure regulator...
Old 05-28-2015, 05:00 PM   #6
GmaPaTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
Yep....

And blowing two of the spray nozzles one right after the other I got to wonder... if he's running a pressure regulator...
Exactly what I was thinking too Javi ......
2015 Jayco 31UL MH
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29RLI
GmaPaTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 02:26 AM   #7
dave-g

I added a hose pressure regulator with a gauge- I was shocked to see city water pressure at some camp grounds at 80-90 psi at night- this was done to help day time pressure of 25psi.
KTM 300 xc-sold
ktm 450 exc-r
dave-g is offline   Reply With Quote