Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2014, 11:35 AM   #1
MarkS

Tire Minder TM66 Upgrade

I see that the Tire Minder TPMS has a new display unit. CW has an upgrade kit. I assume it is a new display that you use with your old sending units.

Has anyone taken the plunge and tried it out? What do you think?

Mark S.
2014 Cougar 318SAB
2015 Silverado 3500HD 6.6L Diesel 4WD CC SB
18K Pullright Hitch
MarkS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:35 PM   #2
ctpd814

I was just looking into purchasing a TPMS system. I like the options on the TM66. I was on Tire Minder's web site which said that you have to contact them for availability. I will be contacting them next week for more info.
2 Wieners Maddie and Mollie
ctpd814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:10 PM   #3
superdog404
Gone Traveling

I am using the new TM66. I had the first version but only for about 3 months. It seemed to work fine but other than checking pressure and temps I had no problems with any tires. I bought the 6 sensor system for the first version. When I got looking at that upgrade price and the price for a new complete set with 4 sensors I think it was $279.99. The upgrade seemed like a real rip off at $224.99. I kept 2 of the new sensors to complete the 8 tires I wanted to monitor and sold the old unit with 2 sensors. It was strange to see minus temps on the tires. Like -10 at times back east. Oh, another thing it looked to me like Camping World had the only available TM66. May have been the only retailer at the time to sell the TM66.
superdog404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:44 PM   #4
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpd814 View Post
I was just looking into purchasing a TPMS system. I like the options on the TM66. I was on Tire Minder's web site which said that you have to contact them for availability. I will be contacting them next week for more info.
After review of TPMS systems out there, I selected the "Tire Minder" and monitor 12 tires going on 2 years around 7K miles. No problems with the system and has save by behind already. Would not go with out it!!! I have posted other comments on other threads (search TPMS).

As far as your question referring to the UPGRADE at CW ~$224 can see little value in it, basically monitor only. Based on what you have with your old Tire Management system this upgrade may make absolutely no sense.

New complete TM66 at CW was ~$349 which includes the new monitor, 6 transmitters, batteries and locking rings (have previous commented on these) at about $36/ea. that is a value of $216, the range extender ~$70 value Which I suggest to install on long trailers. So looks like ~$286 in accessories so in this package your paying ~$63 for the new monitor. Say if you have old system and say only trailer monitored 6 monitored and no extender, you could use this range extender and use these 6 sensors for your TV (5-6).

Just watching the video on CW did not see much differences. Would take a lot from me to upgrade. If I did would never go for the upgrade kit at that price. However if I did I would still buy the full package identified above and use in the RAPTOR and use the older monitor and new sensors in the other vehicle. I do not think you would have any trouble selling those sensors. havoing a couple spares may not be bad
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote