Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2014, 09:51 AM   #1
bdaniel

Cougar 325SRX Toy Hauler

My wife and I are looking for a toy hauler for our 2006 Honda Goldwing. We looked at the 2014 326SRX but the slider in the bathroom/bedroom is odd. The way the slider door works, there are large gaps at the side and bottom. If anyone is in the master bedroom then the door is useless to deaden the sounds/smells coming from the bathroom if anyone is using it. This seems like a bad design decision. And the couch looks nice but is not comfortable at all. We liked everything else though.

Anyway, we looked at a 2013 325SRX and it is perfect for us. However the unit had a deposit on it and we will not be able to purchase.

So now we are looking for a 2013 325SRX someplace in the eastern half of the US and having little luck.

I did find a 2011 model that was claimed to have been used twice. Does anyone know what the major differences are between the 2011 and 2013 models?

Thanks,
Bobby
bdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:17 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

The 2011 325SRX, according to the Keystone RV website does not appear to be a toy hauler, rather it has a "extra room" with a sofa slide and a back wall with a large window. You can see the floorplan here:

http://www.keystonerv.com/previous-y...ugar&year=2011 NOTE: there may be an error on the Keystone website. The small JPEG shows what looks to be a TH, but when clicked, it enlarges to the same floorplan as the 324RLB.

It looks like there may be one in Mocksville, NC

http://www.campersinn.com/inventory/...ar-325SRX.aspx

One in Grand Rapids, MI

http://www.terrytownrv.com/CF/SHOPMA...productid=2287

One in Council BLuffs, IA

http://www.leachcamper.com/new_vehic...07383&CatDesc=

Two available at RV HIT (unknown location)

http://www.rvhit.com/pages/inventory...&submit=Search

There are a number of others that came up with a GOOGLE search for "2013 Cougar 325SRX" You might find one surfing through those results.

Good Luck

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:10 AM   #3
bdaniel

Thanks John,

Looking at the photos for the used 2011 it is a toy hauler.

Funny, I have been searching and found most of the links you posted, but I missed a couple of them. Thanks.

The one in Mocksville, NC is the one we looked at yesterday and someone has a deposit on it. Many of the others I found in Google search have been sold between the time Goggle indexed the dealers site and now.

I just got a response from the one in Council Bluffs, IA and it is still available. That is about 1200 miles from me so I have to decide how much I really want this unit and if the price is right. That is a couple of hard days driving each way. The one in Mocksville was priced around 31k which is much better than the 38k and up for the 2014 that I don't like anyway.

Thanks for the help.
Bobby
Old 03-19-2014, 12:13 PM   #4
KanTC

As a cross-reference you could try this site too... http://www.keystonervsource.com/

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:21 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

You're most welcome. I hope you find what you're looking for. 1200 miles is a long way, but if the price is right, it might not be a deal breaker....

If it's meant to be, you'll find it....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 03-19-2014, 04:01 PM   #6
FTWingRiders

My wife and bought a brand new 325srx last spring in 2013, but it is actually titled as a 2014. I've seen the changes they made to make it a 326srx, not sure why they moved the master closet slide to the backside. I like mine in the front, works great. There is a larger gap under the sliding bathroom door leading into the bathroom, not sure why.

We couldn't be happier with our camper. For our purposes, the layout of our 325 works great, we don't care for the new layout, but like I said, thats just us. I also carry a gold wing in ours. works great!
FTWingRiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:06 AM   #7
bdaniel

Thanks for all the comments. We found one in Mississippi. It is a 2014 with the old 325SRX floor plan. It's about a 10 hour drive for us one way.

Looking forward to getting it set up for our Goldwing. For those of you with Goldwings, do you have any tips on tying down the Goldwing in the garage?

Thanks,
Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTWingRiders View Post
My wife and bought a brand new 325srx last spring in 2013, but it is actually titled as a 2014. I've seen the changes they made to make it a 326srx, not sure why they moved the master closet slide to the backside. I like mine in the front, works great. There is a larger gap under the sliding bathroom door leading into the bathroom, not sure why.

We couldn't be happier with our camper. For our purposes, the layout of our 325 works great, we don't care for the new layout, but like I said, thats just us. I also carry a gold wing in ours. works great!
Old 03-21-2014, 06:24 PM   #8
FTWingRiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaniel View Post
Thanks for all the comments. We found one in Mississippi. It is a 2014 with the old 325SRX floor plan. It's about a 10 hour drive for us one way.

Looking forward to getting it set up for our Goldwing. For those of you with Goldwings, do you have any tips on tying down the Goldwing in the garage?

Thanks,
Bobby
My first suggestion is measure, measure, and measure again..LOL!! It's a bit tight..

But it fits like a glove!!

Here is what I added.. A condor chock with threaded inserts in the floor, and extra tie downs where I wanted them. I like to tie to the frame under the side covers and pull forward..

I used a total of 5 straps, 2 using soft wraps around the triple trees pulling forward into the chock. 1 on each side from the frame to side points. 1 wrapped around the rear tire just to help lock it down.

Used this setup a total of 4 times. Never moved an inch. Very happy with it.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:16 PM   #9
bdaniel

Wow, that is snug.

We are home after a 1400 mile drive between Friday at 5:00PM and Sunday at 1:00PM. We have our new 2014 Cougar 325SRX in the driveway. The thing is pretty long and tall. After one night in it at a Flying J on the way home we love the thing. It seems to be perfect for this time in our lives. It fits us well when it is just the wife, myself and the Goldwing. But it will also work well when our two sons (ages 18 and 20) go on a weekend trip with us. It is a great floor plan.

I just have one question. There is a 12 volt switch under the thermostat that I can't figure out. Nothing seems to turn on or off when I flip it. Can anyone tell me what it does?

Thanks,
Bobby
Old 03-23-2014, 04:22 PM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

First of all, Congratulations on the new Cougar. When you said on Wednesday that you were looking to buy, you weren't kidding at all LOL

That switch may well be for the LED lights on the front cap. Remember that if you turn them on with the remote control, you have to turn them off the same way.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 03-23-2014, 04:34 PM   #11
bdaniel

Dang, that was it. The Keystone website showed the LEDs on the front but I could not figure out how to turn them on. Now I know. But what purpose do they serve?

Also we have the old style 2014 floor plan which has the older remote. It does not control the LEDs. I think it just does the slides and the front jacks.

Thanks for the info. That switch was really bugging me.

Bobby
Old 03-23-2014, 04:51 PM   #12
JRTJH
Site Team

They are supposed to help illuminate the hitch (according to Keystone) but I think the only purpose is helping you navigate back to the correct RV after having a few too many adult beverages..... Now if there's 3 in a row all with the lights on..

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 03-23-2014, 04:56 PM   #13
bdaniel

Love it. My wife is cracking up. That is actually a good idea.

Bobby
Old 03-23-2014, 05:09 PM   #14
dave-g

As a srx325 owner- who puts dirt bikes in the back- all I can say is watch the ramp angle. It seems to be a higher- shorted ramps than some toy haulers.

Also the ramp is VERY slippery, with a drop of water. Just walking on wet grass will get you.

Happy camping I know you will love the srx. Good luck.
KTM 300 xc-sold
ktm 450 exc-r
dave-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:27 PM   #15
FTWingRiders

Congrats!! We really love ours!. Like you it fits great when it's just the 2 of us with the bike, but when the 3 boys come, there is room for all of us. The 9 year old gets the bunk, and we made up a collapsable bunk beds for the 17 and 19 year old that works perfect in the garage. Throw down a rug, and they have their own bedroom, tv, and xbox.

Please pardon the fuzzy phone pics!
Old 03-24-2014, 04:24 AM   #16
Nailz

FTWingRiders - Nice bike! Nice work on the bunk beds too!

bdaniel - I am a winger as well. I use the Condor wheel chock like FTWingRiders. Really am impressed with this chock because it is well built and makes loading the bike a lot simpler.

Curtis

2018 FR XLR Nitro 35VL5
2013 Ford F250 SRW 4x4 6.7L, Air Lift 5K Ultimate, B&W Turnoverball Gooseneck Hitch, Andersen Ultimate Aluminum 5th Wheel Connection
2008 Honda Goldwing
Veteran
Nailz is offline   Reply With Quote