Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2013, 05:57 PM   #1
440justin

Picked up my Passport Elite 23RB this past weekend

Picked up my 2013 Passport Elite 23RB over this past weekend. Got most of my stuff loaded up and hope to get out in the next few weekd for a shake down trip. Weather here has sucked latley, currently it is 38 and raining out
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1001.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	2759  
Old 04-10-2013, 06:13 PM   #2
chartrand

Very cool, I'd be drooling every time I looked out the window at it....<grin>....

-Pat
chartrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #3
KanTC

Looks great with the truck, and I like the graphics & front cap on the Elite.

Here's hoping everyone's weather will be better soon... doesn't that crazy groundhog know it's CAMPING SEASON??... enough already!!

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:52 AM   #4
Randy_K

I pick up mine in a few weeks. Did you find any issues with the trailer so far? This is my first tt and I'm not sure what to expect.

Randy

2010 Ford F150 Screw, E rated tires and Air Lift
2013 Passport Elite 23RB
https://i483.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps749334ca.jpg
Randy_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #5
440justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_K View Post
I pick up mine in a few weeks. Did you find any issues with the trailer so far? This is my first tt and I'm not sure what to expect.

Randy
Randy,

So far I we are happy with the trailer (this is my first tt as well), but hard to say so far as I have only towed it 30 miles and had it in the drivewy for two day to load it up with some stuff before taking it to the storage lot. The only problem I have had so far is that the unit was missing the little tool that attaches to your drill to over ride the slide motor if a problem occurs (reminds me I need to call the dealer about that next ). I liked the trailer for all the storage it has, and after spending a weekend trying to fill it we have not even put a dent into amount of storage space we have!.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #6
zuley

Good luck, I hope it works well for you. We too have purchased the same unit. We pick ours up in 22 days.
zuley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:14 PM   #7
lightning79

Very nice! Yeah, the weather all over the place hasn't been great for camping.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:17 PM   #8
djzolin

Hello everyone, I to am a new owner of the 23rb. We have taken it out twice and no major problems yet.
A few observations....when watch a movie from bed the speakers are too far away so I will have to add a 3rd set high on wall facing bed and use output B. Also the standard TV mount does not tilt so TV is hard to view when laying down. Already changed that one out. Question for all...I seem to fill up grey water tank quickly. Other than investing in a portable unit does anyone know what size 2nd grey tank can be installed?
djzolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:34 PM   #9
Randy_K

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by djzolin View Post
Hello everyone, I to am a new owner of the 23rb. We have taken it out twice and no major problems yet.
A few observations....when watch a movie from bed the speakers are too far away so I will have to add a 3rd set high on wall facing bed and use output B. Also the standard TV mount does not tilt so TV is hard to view when laying down. Already changed that one out. Question for all...I seem to fill up grey water tank quickly. Other than investing in a portable unit does anyone know what size 2nd grey tank can be installed?
I too found the same things with mine.

The prototype trailer had four speakers inside. I asked about the dealer adding them to mine and they said it could be done but would be expensive to fish the wires threw the ceiling and mounting speakers. I have thought about just adding one speaker above the radio and running it on channel " B"

A tilt would be real nice on the TV. Any tips on what mount fits well and will not move when traveling ?

Our gray tank filled fast as well. On our last trip we put a big Tupperware tub in the sink and did dishes in it , dumping the water outside , the same as when you tent camp. It helps , but even a few quick showers would fill the tank.

Randy

2010 Ford F150 Screw, E rated tires and Air Lift
2013 Passport Elite 23RB
https://i483.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps749334ca.jpg
Randy_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:20 PM   #10
djzolin

So has anyone figured out why we have a hydrolic arm on our door? There is not anything for it to hit when open all the way. I have just popped off the retainer clip and manually undo it when I want door fully open. I have also purchased a latch to keep it there.
djzolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:00 PM   #11
440justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by djzolin View Post
So has anyone figured out why we have a hydrolic arm on our door? There is not anything for it to hit when open all the way. I have just popped off the retainer clip and manually undo it when I want door fully open. I have also purchased a latch to keep it there.
I guess I like the gas strut on the door. I like how it opens the door once you unlatch the handle and in the wind the door does not slam open or closed with the strut. Now that said on the tailgating rv I own with some friends I think the door only opening 90 degrees would be really in the way when partying
Old 05-30-2013, 02:24 AM   #12
zuley

Before taking delivery of our 23RB we asked the dealer to remove the strut and install the retainer latch so that our door would open all the way. We did not like the original design. That would have been a deal breaker for us had they not been a ble to do it.
zuley is offline   Reply With Quote