Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2013, 06:21 AM   #1
jumpy

Smile Norcold fridge blowing 5 amp fuse

Just wanted to post a little info I have learned to save other people a little time. My fridge was blowing the 5 amp fuse mostly when on shore power and some times on gas. I searched all the internet ideas and was sure the 110 heater was bad like everyone else had menchanded. I ran my fridge until it blew a fuse then unplugged the 110 heater wiring from the board as well as the power coming into the board to eliminate any 110 voltage and put another fuse in and the fuse blew right away i then unpugged the limit switch and put another fuse in and it worked. I reattached the limit switch and it continued to work all night on propane. The next day I reattached the 110 power and heater and ran it again for a couple of hours and the fuse blew again. Replaced fuse again and a couple hours later it blew again setting a time line of failure. Installed a jumper wire on the limit switch and replaced fuse again. The fridge has been working all evening and all night with no blown fuse. My determination is when on 110 power the heating chamber gets hotter causing the switch to fail more often than it does on gas. I'm waiting on a new limit switch to arrive to verify my diagnosis and repair. Will keep you posted. There are several things that have this same syptom that could be wrong this is just my experience so far.
jumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:59 PM   #2
jumpy

Smile norcold fridge

Just wanted to up date my findings it was the limit switch that kept blowing the 5 amp fuse. I jumpered the circut and it has worked fine ever since. Installed new limit switch works fine.
jumpy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge, fuse, heater