Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 08-28-2010, 11:28 AM   #1
Brad

Thumbs down 2011 Springdale 294

Has anyone else had theses issue and what did you do to rectify the probelms

1 our air cond stop working 2 months after we bought it the dealer fixed that ok now

2 the outside kitchen struts came loose I fixed that seems ok now

3 just this weekend our electric awing lost a pin on top so back to the dealer again

this is our third springdale we never had any issues with the other two

does anyone used tie downs to hold the awing down because the slightest breeze wants to lift it up
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:22 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

We don't own a Springdale so I can't comment on the problems you had with the A/C and the exterior kitchen struts. In regards to the awning and tie downs..........I almost always secure the awning regardless of whether or not it is windy. Even a modest breeze lifts the awning slightly and puts extra stress on the arm supports and where they are fastened to the RV wall. Over time, the continuous- albeit small- stress can work the screws and supports loose.
By securing the awning, it gives you some peace of mind if you have to leave your RV unattended for short periods of time. If we are going to be away from the site for any long periods, we always lower the awning and resecure it. At night, before turning in, it is rolled up and put to bed with the rest of us. Sure enough, if you don't put it up, you will be awakened in the middle of night by it flapping about. Not much worse than having to get out of bed and go outside in the pitch black and put it up! It doesn't take much time and contributes to a restful and peaceful night's sleep.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:05 PM   #3
Brad

Smile Tie downs

Thanks for responding from this point on I will use tie downs on the awing ...

Thank you brad
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 06:12 PM   #4
twoclaws

Hello Brad,
We had a 2008 Springdale. I used some de-flappers I bought at Campers World or Wal-Mart for about $10 a pair. I used one pair on each side and this really helped. They clamp to the awning and velcro strap to the support bar. Don't know what type of awning you have or if these will work for you but you can investigate. Just do a search...probably a google search would give some options.
twoclaws is offline   Reply With Quote