Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2020, 09:12 AM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

Gone are the days of an "electronics parts house" in every town, that had a tube tester and a stock of most vacuum tubes, resistors, capacitors, and for the "younger set" transistors and diodes LOL

I well remember the Christmas I got my first 8 transistor radio and before the sun set, I had the back off of it, trying to find the 7th and 8th ones. Mom and Dad weren't happy, but I found them all

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 09:30 AM   #22
RoadToad

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Gone are the days of an "electronics parts house" in every town, that had a tube tester and a stock of most vacuum tubes, resistors, capacitors, and for the "younger set" transistors and diodes LOL

I well remember the Christmas I got my first 8 transistor radio and before the sun set, I had the back off of it, trying to find the 7th and 8th ones. Mom and Dad weren't happy, but I found them all
I was really fortunate in this regard.
Had the dubious privilege of being an Elec Tech in the Air Force in the early 60's
My 1st machine was a Ginormous "data processing" thingy built by Burroughs Corp known as an A/N-FST-2. Big as a small house.
BUT, it had vacumn tubes and transistor and "Drum" (prior to discs)storage technology.
Tremendous learning experience.
RoadToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 10:39 AM   #23
flybouy
Site Team

Bringing back memories of programing Fortran and cobol with 80 column punch cards.

Anyway, if you don't have a batteries plus around I'd suggest plugging the charger in and reading the voltage, then search for a batter that matches the voltage and physical size.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 10:47 AM   #24
JRTJH
Site Team

I started out in the Air Force with vacuum tubes, transitioned to "start of the art "mini tubes" in missile guidance, then to solid state components. I taught basic electronics and missile guidance technology at Lowry AFB for 3 years before going to Germany with the introduction of the F-15 to USAFE. When I retired, my first business was a stereo/TV repair shop. That lasted until Sony and Panasonic started making "no repair parts available" TV's... My last repair job was a Pioneer Dolby receiver/amp. It's still working and I know there's no parts available any more, unless I can find an old TV or radio to salvage "things for the future"...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 11:20 AM   #25
chuckster57
Site Team

As long as we are on a side road:

when I was a wee lad, the black and white TV would quit. Dad would get 3 or 4 lunch bags and then proceed to remove all the tubes in the back and put them in the bags. Off we would go to the local store and he would stand there and test each one until he found the bad one. I always wondered how he knew which one went in which base. I was terrified that the TV wouldn't work anymore. We had both a "wait until it warms up" and later on an "instant on". Dad hated the instant on as it used electricity and burned out the tubes faster

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 12:55 PM   #26
RoadToad

Quote:
I started out in the Air Force with vacuum tubes, transitioned to "start of the art "mini tubes" in missile guidance, then to solid state components. I taught basic electronics and missile guidance technology at Lowry AFB for 3 years before going to Germany with the introduction of the F-15 to USAFE. When I retired, my first business was a stereo/TV repair shop. That lasted until Sony and Panasonic started making "no repair parts available" TV's... My last repair job was a Pioneer Dolby receiver/amp. It's still working and I know there's no parts available any more, unless I can find an old TV or radio to salvage "things for the future"...
Huh..I was up to Lowery on several occasions.
After AF and time in Germany (64-65) with RCA installing the AWCS at Gieblestat, I settled in at NORAD with various contractors.
Had several training trips to Lowry over the next 20 yrs.
Small world eh

Really great meeting up with all you old heads here on this forum.
Enjoying it ..
Old 05-30-2020, 01:45 PM   #27
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
As long as we are on a side road:

when I was a wee lad, the black and white TV would quit. Dad would get 3 or 4 lunch bags and then proceed to remove all the tubes in the back and put them in the bags. Off we would go to the local store and he would stand there and test each one until he found the bad one. I always wondered how he knew which one went in which base. I was terrified that the TV wouldn't work anymore. We had both a "wait until it warms up" and later on an "instant on". Dad hated the instant on as it used electricity and burned out the tubes faster
I spent a few Saturdays at the tube tester in the drug store with my dad. I remember the massive "flyback" transformer that I think came from an electric chair in a Prison.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 11:54 AM   #28
Quiroule

This link is to a pdf file that describes the Lippert remote control systems. https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0003488.pdf[/QUOTE]

I have a 2010 Cougar HC with the same board. The transmitter you need is the one shown under E in the link.

I realy like it.

2018 Ford F150 XLT

Your children and grand-children will not remember what you did for them, they will remember what you did WITH THEM.
Quiroule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 12:35 PM   #29
LHaven

Quote:
Some place like Batteries Plus should be able to get you a replacement... Only problem is it may cost more than the trailer is worth LOL
As long as you can read a part number off it, there isn't an old battery yet that I haven't found someone selling replacements for on eBay.
Old 06-04-2020, 03:56 PM   #30
mikz86ta

We have the same setup. It's nice to remote the awnings in. Does do the slides also. And the porch light.
It took a few tries to get ours to charge. I tried a few different chargers before we found the original one. I had taken it apart too and discovered the same thing with the battery.
Now ours only stays 100% for a short time and even not using it , it will start to run down. But from there on out until needs a recharge, it last for a good while. I use it alot for the awnings.

Found out there was supposed to be a mountable clip to snap it to. Found the replacement remote. Decided after I saw the price, I'd just keep the one we had. HD Velcro to mount it, it is then....
mikz86ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 01:58 AM   #31
LERD

I have that very same 5th wheel in an '07. My remote works pretty well. I tell the remote to raise the jacks to load up, the wife pushes the button and they go up. I tell the remote to put out the slide, the wife pushes the button and the slide comes out. We're still working on the awning! Yes, she has a very good sense of humor!
LERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 04:20 AM   #32
BobMcC

Remote Transmitter

If you can find the voltage and current rating somewhere on the battery pack, which is doubtful from what you said, you could Google a cellular phone battery pack in that size. If you try the 'AAA' test and it works, you can guess at the voltage needed and between 1000 to 1500 mah on the current and then Google those ratings. Finding the correct physical size would be the next hurdle. Then comes a charger, depending upon type (NiMH, LiON, etc.) would determine the charger required. Best of Luck!!!
BobMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 04:17 PM   #33
RoadToad

Found a reference for the battery.
3.7 V @ 800 Mah
Ordered siimilar one from ebay.
Thanks all ....
Old 09-17-2020, 09:57 AM   #34
RoadToad

Rats !! Got the remote to come on; but the programming is totally gone. Screen is blank. Program ROM probably shot. Anyone know of a BIOS loader for this beauty?
Probably uses the Mini-USB port for access.
Yeah, I know; not worth it. But nice challenge.

Tags
led, remote, remote control