Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2012, 04:58 PM   #1
DEW

What to do in Lake George NY.

Hey guys/gals... looking for recommendations on what to do in Lake George for about two weeks.
I have some idea's but info from those who have 'been there, done that' is always welcomed
2003 Avalanche 5.3L w/ 4:10 gears
Reese HP Dual Cam
DEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:05 PM   #2
BigBlue

Lots to do

There is a great bike trail that starts at the beach at the end of the lake. Its up hill, but the ride back is great. Lots of canoeing. Tons of shopping. There is a great rodeo in Lake Luzern, but it doesn't start until July 4th, I think. If you drive up RT. 9N there is a great little town called Bolton that has some great little shops in it. The Fort is pretty neat. We did the drive up the mountain, but was a little disappointing. The view is OK. but not lots to look at or do at the top. When we go into Lake George there is a street, not sure of the name, but its between the beach and the main street and if you get there early enough you can find a spot and park for free!
BigBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:56 PM   #3
blackty

Horse and carriage rides,lake tours and fireworks at the million dollar beach.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:11 AM   #4
Scottinvt

The Great Escape.
Scottinvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #5
DEW

Thanks
I'll have to check it out. If there is any other info/idea's I would luv to hear it.
Reese HP Dual Cam
Old 05-30-2012, 08:49 PM   #6
Jseverence

there is a whole lot of Revolutionary War history in the area. Fort Ticonderoga north east of there, some nice views of lake Champlain. You are in an area that is one of the largest forest of New York State and is set aside to be forever wild. The Adirondack State Park has many hiking trails to enjoy along with many other lakes and streams. There is the Champlain Canal system which was the heart blood of the early transportations system in New York and goes from Troy, NY to Lake Champlain. I would also would need to know what are your interest are to be more specific.
Reese R16 5th wheel hitch, with with slider.
Jseverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:13 PM   #7
DEW

We like to do a little biking - nothing too extreme so I hope there are some nice trails to go on.
Have never taken the kids to a large amusement park, so the 6 Flags sounds good.

I see there is a trip down the Hudson river in a tire tube - probably pretty tame, it is worth the ride?

What about Lakr Placid - is it worth the drive there to check out the resort?

Kids love time at the beach so I hope the Million dollar beach is good, the kids luved the white sandy shores of Lake Michigan last year....
Reese HP Dual Cam
Old 05-31-2012, 08:10 PM   #8
Jseverence

Not to far from Lake George is a train ride and museum at North Creek, NY.
http://www.northcreekdepotmuseum.com/. it is a scenic ride along the upper Hudson river where it is more like a very large stream vs a deep river. with kids the six-flag is a very good choice and real close. Hope the weather gets a little warmer, tonights low are in the 40 deg. F range.
Reese R16 5th wheel hitch, with with slider.
Jseverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:02 AM   #9
dave-g

last year we took the kids white water rafting and to a rodeo. Had a great time at both.

Don't forget a ride on the mini haha
KTM 300 xc-sold
ktm 450 exc-r
dave-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:05 AM   #10
Outbackmel

Lake Placid

Downtown is not much for kids, like any other upscale "lake" town. It IS a neat place with plenty of tourist shopping, good food, etc. Interesting to see all of the structures built for the Olympics up close. Ski jumps are sooooo much taller and more scary than you see on TV. Makes you appreciate the confidence and skill required to get to the top of one of these things and come speeding down.

Call the Chamber of Commerce and find out what activities they recommend for kids with ages of yours and similar interests....I am sure you can find someting to interest them around there....
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote