Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2012, 07:58 AM   #1
johnnyrose

Junction Box wiring

Hello all. Went to the old campground this weekend and had a tire blow on me underneath the slide out. Didn't do too much damage but did take out a junction box in the area that contained the wiring for the lights inside the slide out. I don't have a lot of experience in wiring though I can figure it out I think. There are three wires coming in from two different sides. The hard wires (solid copper center) are Black (negative), white (positive) and bare (ground). The three others coming from the slide are green, white and black. I can only assume that these wires are the same as the others. Can anyone clarify for me so I don't burn my 5er to the ground? Thanks!

Johnny and Kelley Rose + 4 kids and 2 dogs!
2005 Cougar 254 EFS (Whispering eye)
2005 Ford F-250 Lariat Supercab 6.0L Diesel
johnnyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:11 AM   #2
SAABDOCTOR

before you go finger pokin!! 12 volts only needs 2 wires. a/c is 3 wires. are the lights 120 volt or 12 volts? and are ther plugs in the slide? i have a feeling you are dealing with 120 volt a/c. if you wish you can send me a pm and i will give you my phone number it will be easier to talk you through it as my tyoing stinks! or unless steve comes to the rescue first.
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:27 AM   #3
johnnyrose

Saab,

It is 120VAC. I don't believe that there are any outlets in the slide there are only lights. It is wired like a junction box in a house with flat looking solid core wires coming in from one side and round wires coming from the slide that are not one solid copper wire like that others.

Johnny and Kelley Rose + 4 kids and 2 dogs!
2005 Cougar 254 EFS (Whispering eye)
2005 Ford F-250 Lariat Supercab 6.0L Diesel
johnnyrose is offline   Reply With Quote