Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-26-2018, 05:39 PM   #1
Mikendebbie

How to remove slow rise blinds?

The black out slow rise shade over my table will not stay down. It goes up just fine. I emailed the blind maker Irvine Shade and they responded with instructions to remove one end and reinsert it it re-engage the “teeth”. There are good videos on their site to illustrate the fix. However they did not tell me how to remove the blind from the valence. There are 3 black metal thingys that hold the blind in place but I have fiddled with them and cannot figure out how to release the blind.

I posted this question to the Montana forum a couple of days ago and got no responses. I am not sure if these blinds are also in other keystone units, but if anybody here knows how to release the blind so I can get it down on the table and work on it - thanks in advance!
In the sticks near Austin TX
Aussie Gus+Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 06:07 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

How to remove slow rise blinds?

Can you post a picture? There are a couple of different ways that roller shades are mounted. Some are snap in, some have a spring loaded clip and some have a tab that rotates.

Went looking and found this:

http://www.irvineshadeanddoor.com/pr...roller-shades/

From what you describe it’s the first picture. You “push” the shade out or in on the bracket and pull down on the edge, depending on which way the bracket is mounted on the valence. Hope this helps.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 08:28 PM   #3
travelin texans

My balances are held with a couple screws that are VERY hard to see up in the top of the valance on some & "L" brackets hold some, each is a hide\seek to find the screws.
While you have the valances down put 2 plastic zip ties crisscrossed on each bracket holding the shades, this will prevent the shades from falling once the plastic clips on the brackets holding the shades break off, speaking from experience.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 06:13 AM   #4
jeepjrn

Has anybody figured this out yet?

Just looking to refresh this post/forum in the hope somebody has found a way to remove the slow-rise shades in their Montana. With the shades being up inside the valance it hard to grab them and I hate to force it without knowing how it works.(call to Irvine was grab and twist, "should" come right out, "should" being the key word. I'm hoping that somebody has figured this out to possibly assist with instructions, tips, and maybe some pictures. I've went to the Irvine website per one of the posts below but no relative information unless you're interested in buying new shades as in a new customer. Getting them down is my first step, then I need to get them working again as 2 of them have sprung and will not stay up without the help of duct tape. Thanks in advance if any of you can offer up support.
jeepjrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 08:52 AM   #5
Mikendebbie

how to remove roller shades

I forgot that I posted this question long ago, but when I saw this I figured I would go take some pics to post and see if someone could help. Well - I actually figured this out today, took some pics and drew the sketch below to try to explain. Look this over and then post more questions if needed.

Pic 1 is the mounting bracket as seen from the front side (fixed side). There are several mounting brackets on each blind.
Pic 2 is the mounting bracket on the rear, and you can see the movable piece and the spring.
Pic 3 - use the screw driver to release the rear mounting clip, then rotate the shade bracket out of the fixed front bracket.
Sorry about the pic orientation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	How to remove Irvine Door shades from the mounting bracket.jpg
Views:	1442
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	24155   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4182.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	188.6 KB
ID:	24156   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4183.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	171.8 KB
ID:	24157   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4185.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	24158  
In the sticks near Austin TX
Aussie Gus+Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 09:10 AM   #6
jeepjrn

Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
I forgot that I posted this question long ago, but when I saw this I figured I would go take some pics to post and see if someone could help. Well - I actually figured this out today, took some pics and drew the sketch below to try to explain. Look this over and then post more questions if needed.

Pic 1 is the mounting bracket as seen from the front side (fixed side)
Pic 2 is the mounting bracket on the rear, and you can see the movable piece and the spring.
Pic 3 - use the screw driver to release the rear mounting clip, then rotate the shade bracket out of the fixed front bracket.
Sorry about the pic orientation.
Mike, That is a perfect drawing and now I understand it completely, thank you so much as the pictures are great as well. I very much appreciate you taking your time to draw the picture and take pictures, you made my day! Now to get the replacement parts from Irvine, that’s another call.
Take care and have a great day!
jeepjrn is offline   Reply With Quote