Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-01-2019, 06:03 PM   #1
Blackrock

Slideout gears

Where is a good place to look for a replacement gearbox or gears for my bedroom cabinet slideout. It's the sprocket, chain and cable setup for a small wardrobe type slide on my 2016 Laredo 265SRL 5th wheel.
It retracts OK but I have to push it out while my wife holds the switch.

Bob n Judy n Nanook n Biscuit n Elsa
2016 Ram 1500 - 2016 Laredo 265SRK
Running on the ragged edge of respectability
Blackrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 06:28 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

There should be an identification label on the gearbox or on the slide motor. With that information, you can do a google search for that item and locate information on replacement items...

One thought: If, as you say, it retracts without problems, then it may not be the gearbox/gears. The slide system simply reverses the polarity at the wall switch to cause the motor to turn in the opposite direction. You may have a "switch problem" or a "wiring problem" from the switch to the motor. You might want to eliminate the switch, jumper the motor at the connections and see if it works properly. If so, then the problem isn't needing a new motor/gearbox, but locating the loose/broken connection in the wall and/or the switch.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 10:00 AM   #3
Blackrock

I have the problems diagnosed I just need a good source for parts.

Bob n Judy n Nanook n Biscuit n Elsa
2016 Ram 1500 - 2016 Laredo 265SRK
Running on the ragged edge of respectability
Blackrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 11:42 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Then what brand and model slide system is it? To send you to the AP Products or the Venture Manufacturing site for a Schwintek slide gear system wouldn't do you any good. Knowing what your system is will give us the info to direct you to the proper parts at several sources.

On the other hand, any RV dealer with a parts department can order anything you might need. Slide systems aren't "RV manufacturer specific" and the same systems are used across the industry by all the RV manufacturers.

It's not "unheard of" for Keystone to change component manufacturers in the middle of a model year, so what another member has in their RV may not be the same as what's in yours. It's always best to know for sure what you're dealing with.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slideout