Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2018, 01:20 PM   #21
whcarr

Converter on my 2017 371 is behind the fuses, its a one piece unit. Unplug powet cord, read battery voltage, plug power in read voltage. Should see a higher voltage plugged in.
whcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 08:08 AM   #22
tubacjohn

I had a 2007 Montana with 12 Volt mother (Freudian) MOTOR driven landing gears. They came from the factory not lubricated properly. After a couple years out of warranty. They slowed down and stopped working entirely. Had to replace the Lippert landing gears and not the motor.
tubacjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 09:41 AM   #23
ozark traveler

Could possibly be a bent or misalined leg. You probably need to take it to a relable RV repair shop and have it checked...motor, gear box, misalined legs (yes, campers do start up with landing gears down, or do not hook up correctly). JG
Old 09-02-2018, 10:02 AM   #24
cliff

OK, wire wire size may be an issue. However, after talking with Venture the people that made the jacks, they told us that any fiver over 36 feet should have dual motor jacks. We discovered that the jacks were made by Venture but the motor was a Chinese knock off. It took us about 3 days and $1800 to install the new jacks and motors, but had a bulletproof lifting system.
cliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 12:08 PM   #25
BadmanRick

When were the landing gears lubricated last. Great or oil them up should work better.
BadmanRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 12:29 PM   #26
Scran

I've got a 2010 Montana and had a similar problem - slow, overheating, having to wait to get my trailer high enough to get on the pin. After looking at everything you've looked at, and getting estimates to add a motor or replace the landing gear that would have run nearly $1,000.....I went to a local RV dealer and found I could order brand new landing gear for $150/ea - $300/total. Access to mine was through the propane access on each side and was not at all hard to accomplish. I'm guessing it took my 4 hours, max, and made a world of difference. Nearly two years later and not having any problems.

FYI.........problem was the main screw, inside the leg / tube steel, that was bent. Was bent enough you could see it, but not enough you would think it cause that much trouble. Anyway, for $300, I don't have that issue to deal with anymore! Wasn't the battery, didn't need an extra motor (although I can see how that would be nice, as these older Montana's seem to be notorious for being underpowered).

YOU CAN DO IT!
Edge CS2 Programer/Monitor
Scran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 03:55 AM   #27
spicercars

I hade the same problem as scram when I had my copper canyon the screw was damaged inside the jack. You should always make sure when you retract your Jacks that you don't let them bottom out. That's how I wrecked mine. You can buy replacement Jacks from e trailer parts. A 5500lbs system runs around $500. I put one in mine and it works great.
Old 09-03-2018, 03:11 PM   #28
AJFoyt

Front Jacks on Keystone

We just purchased a new Keystone Raptor 398TS in late 2017 and have had similar issues since purchase. We are full timers in place at our daughters home on a 50A hookup. The land is sloped just enough to create an issue with the front jacks being very low. After many issues trying to get level I discovered the new batteries were indeed not getting enough charge from the inverter. After visiting the dealer I learned there is a 20Amp fuse located on the back of the inverter. It is impossible to reach the back of it behind the kitchen wall and below the front bathroom. I plugged in a separate battery charger into my 120V outlet and have it constantly on trickle charge to support the 3 batteries. This solved my issues with the jacks barely moving and arcing out and blowing fuses running very hot on the hydraulic system.
AJFoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 06:54 PM   #29
flybouy
Site Team

Highway Gypsy, from reading your posts it sounds like getting an RV tech involved is a sound decision. If you are unfamiliar and uncomfortable with electrical and mechanical repairs you can do more damage the good in a hurry. Can you let us know what they find?
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 04:03 PM   #30
frotrk

I have the same raptor and had the same problem. I split the common shaft and installed a second motor and switch. end problem. Also gained the advantage of independent operation of landing gear. By the way the 2007 3612 ds did not have hydraulic landing gear. Hydraulics for slides only.
Clark
frotrk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, jacks