Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2017, 08:48 AM   #1
SilverRig

2017 Cougar X-Lite 28RKS - heat / furnace / airflow

Is anyone experiencing either no airflow from registers in bath/bedroom/living areas, or failure to achieve thermostat set point?

We were hanging out in the coach with external temp around 36 degrees and the coach never reached the thermostat set point after a couple of hours.

It was taken in for warranty work and they found a number of issues they corrected. I'll not go into the full list, but there were a handful of ducting issues and they refabricated the registers at the bedroom. The dealer mentioned this was their third rework for the same model, same problem.

Airflow when from:
Kitchen: 787.4 cfm to 1181
Living: 334.6 cfm to 374
Bath: 0 to 137 cfm

While this is an improvement we were unable to achieve thermostat set point of 63 degrees the other night with an external temp of 23 degrees. After running for an 90 minutes the coach never got "comfortable".

Looking for anyone else who's experiencing this issue with similar models.
SilverRig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 02:02 PM   #2
bobbecky

This isn't on the same model, but this past winter, quite cold out, I woke up one night and the heater ran constantly, never warming up to set temp. I discovered that when I had refilled one of the propane tanks, I had turned the valve on too quickly and had caused the valve in the pigtail hose to close off. There was just enough gas to light the burner in the furnace but not enough to develop sufficient heat to warm the trailer. I had to turn off the propane, disconnect the hose, then reconnect the hose and turn on the valve slowly and all was good. Hopefully that may be your problem.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:23 PM   #3
scott24

How full were the LP tanks?

Tags
airflow, cougar, furnace, heat