Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2017, 05:38 AM   #1
hdxbonez

Keep the deep snow off of your slideouts!

So last week we had a couple of bigger snowstorms where I'm fulltiming in New Hampshire. I haven't had any issues with snow on the roof so far this season. 6 or 8 inch storms would settle and melt off the roof and slides in a few days. Last week however, we had about 14 inches on a Sunday into Monday . I had planned to clear it on Tuesday morning, as they were calling for another 12 inches plus on Wednesday. When I went into the bathroom on Monday night, I stepped in big puddle of water. My first thought was that the toilet was leaking, or maybe the roof was, but after searching I found that that the bedroom slide had water dripping from the bottom corner. When I went outside to investigate, I found that an ice dam had formed at the bottom corner of the slide and was directing the melt water over the top of the gasket instead of outside of it. I quickly cleared the roof and slide top, cleared the ice, and the leak stopped. After the next storm, I cleared the roof as soon as it was over and had no problems. Something else to keep an eye on if you use your camper in the winter...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170216_081601.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	318.0 KB
ID:	11886   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170216_083324.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	401.4 KB
ID:	11887  
hdxbonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:25 AM   #2
CrazyCain

Glad things turned out well for you. Havee not had the snowest of winters here in Commerce Twp Mi and also at the trailer in East Tawas, have not had to shovel any when we go upo to the TT on weekends..... 62 out side today..

summer I'm ready

2011 Chevy Silverado
1500, HD Tow Package
2017 Keystone Hideout 177LHS Carlisle Radial HDs
:
CrazyCain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slideout