Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 12-29-2015, 04:51 PM   #1
SummitPond

Tub Mod

Our 19FBPR is a little tight for placement of the cat's litter box in the living compartment of the trailer. To remedy this situation I cut a 1/2 inch sheet of plywood to fit over the bathtub so we could place the litter box and other accouterments (e.g., food dish, water, bed, scratch post) on it while we are parked. I shaved down the edges of the board so they are somewhat rounded. While it can't be seen, there's a finger hole under the litter box to make it easy to lift and place the board. There wasn't a problem with spacing between the board and the shower line that runs down off the tub faucet. The board is easily removed for when we want to use the shower; we temporarily place the cat's stuff in the opening for the U-shaped diner (table removed) and stand the board in front of the entertainment center. Note however that we must vacuum up scattered cat litter before removing the board. We just need to be sure to dry everything thoroughly before putting the board back into the tub area. I used scrap wood and left-over paint, so the only expense was my time - a few hours.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bathtub mod.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	9859  

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
SummitPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 08:20 PM   #2
theallde

Very creative and well done.
theallde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 06:35 AM   #3
therink

Nice job. I wish my toilet was that close to my bed

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
19fbpr, bathtub mod