Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-23-2015, 05:42 AM   #1
Zapper

Ideas for storing Fuzion folding tables

I remember reading a post, sometime ago, about different ways people stored the 2 folding tables during travel. They were in between the Happy Jack bed and booths when I brought it home but both had slid out about a third of the way. I can visualize them flying through the sliding glass door. The owners manual also states to not travel with the tables stored there. I remember someone posting photos where they had made a mount to attach them to a wall during travel, no luck finding them in the search mode.

Thanks,

2015 3500HD DRW LTZ Durmax/Allison
2015 Fuzion 325 Onyx with Monster Pack
Reese 20K slider
Zapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 06:14 AM   #2
EricLynnAllison

I strap mine collapsed to the booth in the up position ensuring they cannot move forward.
Previous 1973 Coleman Popup
EricLynnAllison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 11:03 AM   #3
Vastdavidson

We store ours under the mattress on the top bed of the happy jack. Then the ladder on top of the mattress. So far no issues.
Vastdavidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 04:05 PM   #4
MBD

We store ours under the mattress on the top bed of the happy jack. Then the ladder on top of the mattress. So far no issues.

This is the method I use when I travel with the tables. But that hasn't happened since I got the trailer home.

Usually I store them in a shed behind my stick house. I don't particularly like the folding tables as while they are heavy, they are pretty flimsy. I have 6' white plastic top folding table from Sams. It is lighter, more sturdy, greater surface area and stores easily on the garage floor for transport (even with motorcycles in the garage). Most often it is laying legs up (folded)on the floor with a bunch of other junk stacked or piled on top.

If I really had to take the Fusion tables with me, I would probably put them in the loft with the one ladder we may take. If I am thinking about the same post you are, the guy used a bungee cord or ratchet strap to hold the tables on edge utilizing the Happi Jac frames as anchors, or in combination with a floor tie down. Didn't appeal to me as I believe he "mounted" an eyehook of some type or two.
MBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 05:31 PM   #5
Zapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBD View Post

This is the method I use when I travel with the tables. But that hasn't happened since I got the trailer home.

Usually I store them in a shed behind my stick house. I don't particularly like the folding tables as while they are heavy, they are pretty flimsy. I have 6' white plastic top folding table from Sams. It is lighter, more sturdy, greater surface area and stores easily on the garage floor for transport (even with motorcycles in the garage). Most often it is laying legs up (folded)on the floor with a bunch of other junk stacked or piled on top.

If I really had to take the Fusion tables with me, I would probably put them in the loft with the one ladder we may take. If I am thinking about the same post you are, the guy used a bungee cord or ratchet strap to hold the tables on edge utilizing the Happi Jac frames as anchors, or in combination with a floor tie down. Didn't appeal to me as I believe he "mounted" an eyehook of some type or two.
We have several of the Lifetime tables of different sizes, but in my opinion the tables that came with the unit are pretty heavy duty. I guess I'll try strapping them to the upper bunk, as suggested. Thanks

Reese 20K slider
Old 05-23-2015, 08:54 PM   #6
Canam

I store mine between the the happy jack pillars on the wall with the table top against the wall. I found a foam pool noodle, cut about 12" lengths then cut them lengthwise. When you wrap them along the 4 sides of the table, the table fits perfectly between the metal pilars. 2 stretch cords hold the table in place.
Canam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 07:13 PM   #7
gtsum2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canam View Post
I store mine between the the happy jack pillars on the wall with the table top against the wall. I found a foam pool noodle, cut about 12" lengths then cut them lengthwise. When you wrap them along the 4 sides of the table, the table fits perfectly between the metal pilars. 2 stretch cords hold the table in place.

Nice idea. I've just had one of mine under the bottom sofas in the carpet. Might have to try it like you. Thanks!
Old 05-26-2015, 11:21 AM   #8
hoffbrew

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16765
2009 Club Car Golf Cart
2020 Ram 3500 Dually
(Reserved for new trailer)
hoffbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 11:24 AM   #9
gtsum2

Thanks for the link. I might have to do this, as well as the ladder idea with d rings. I just have the ladders underneath the bottom sofas now
Old 05-26-2015, 11:27 AM   #10
hoffbrew

The tables work great for me in between bunk channels, I haven't had luck with the ladder yet, so it is on floor while traveling.
2009 Club Car Golf Cart
2020 Ram 3500 Dually
(Reserved for new trailer)
hoffbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 12:48 PM   #11
Zapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffbrew View Post
Thanks, that's what I was searching for!

Reese 20K slider
Old 05-28-2015, 03:46 PM   #12
VAJeff

We usually have one under the top bed in the garage along with the ladder. The other table just lays on the king bed up front, and the 2nd ladder for the daughters loft fits nicely under the right hand side of the bed... Would rather have the garage for the kayak, bikes, etc all bungeed to the golf cart...
VAJeff is offline   Reply With Quote