Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2015, 04:57 AM   #1
joestaz

Rear door ramp

Having a problem with the door ramp on my 2010 Fuzion Touring Edition II. Seems water is getting in from the top of the door (ramp) when it rains. Does anyone know if there is an adjustment to raise the door so the seal seals better?
Retired
joestaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 06:11 AM   #2
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

You used the term "SEEMS" I assume you have checked the rubber seal around the ramp when it is open? The ramp opening on the rig itself for obstructions? Should be able to use like a piece of paper and go all around the ramp from the outside opening and closing the ramp with the paper in the seal to check the tightness of the seal around the ramp. Do you have an awning on the rear? Sorry do not know if that ramp can be easily adjusted.
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 04:48 PM   #3
spicercars

As far as I know the rear door is not adjustable. Check the weather strip is in good shape. I put a rain gutter above the rear door on my raptor and that worked great. No water problems. Good luck to you.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:02 AM   #4
joestaz

Rear door ramp

I think I might have found the problem. The rear security lights or ramp lights above the door might have been the issue. Water accumulated in the light and because of the large hole for the power behind the fixture might have caused water to penetrate the garage. I removed the glass cleaned the old caulking reinstalled the glass and re-caulked. Hope this takes care of that leak. Also had an A/C minor leak. Could not find any problems on the roof so checked inside. There I found the 4 mounting bolts that hold the unit on the roof and to the ceiling were loose possibly causing a loose fit and allowing water to get in. Will check both with a hose in the next day or so.
Retired
joestaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 06:39 AM   #5
Locowrench

Another issue that Ive found is that the adjustment on the closure handles gets tightened to the point that it bows the door causing it to pull away at the top. In this case tighter is not always better. I could stand to the side and eyeball up the side of the door and see it. I had a difficult time convincing the dealer that it was too tight so when I got it home I loosened it up and all was well.

2014 Fuzion 301
2012 Goldwing
1995 Goldwing
Locowrench is offline   Reply With Quote