Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2015, 03:39 PM   #1
ocho

Cable input

I have a 2012 300 MP. I have cable at the park im at, but there are two inputs for the cable. One say "Satellite Prep" and the other is blank. This may be a silly question, but does the feed line actually go into the Sat prep input? Also, should the antenna amplifier be on or off!! It has a green light that comes on when pressed. Thanks !!
ocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 03:43 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Park cable goes to the UN marked input. Booster OFF. TV menu set to cable source.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 03:50 PM   #3
GaryWT

Satellite is if you have a dish. Only use the booster if you are not hooked to anything.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 03:53 PM   #4
ocho

Excellent. Thanks
ocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 03:57 PM   #5
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Smile

X2 Park cable goes to the UN marked input. Label must have fallen off usually states "CABLE". Booster OFF (light off). TV menu set to cable source. I have a habit of having the TV do a scan after I change from air to cable or vise versa
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 08:31 AM   #6
cobalert

Cable TV

I still have cable reception issues with my Fuzion 404 Chrome after 6 months of trying different connections. The only thing I have not tried and just thought about while typing this is, running the cable through the window and connect directly to the TV. I hope the problem is covered under warranty so I'll have it checked when I take it in for the batteries draining in only a couple days while in the storage lot and the tailgate awing will not open.
cobalert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 09:05 AM   #7
wahoonc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalert View Post
I still have cable reception issues with my Fuzion 404 Chrome after 6 months of trying different connections. The only thing I have not tried and just thought about while typing this is, running the cable through the window and connect directly to the TV. I hope the problem is covered under warranty so I'll have it checked when I take it in for the batteries draining in only a couple days while in the storage lot and the tailgate awing will not open.
Maybe a bad/incorrect splitter on the back of the inside cable inlet. Seems to be a common problem with RV's.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote