Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2014, 06:58 AM   #1
Rich

Bunks not raising

I have a fz373 toy hauler with the electric bunks in back. I was doing some cleaning and was going to raise them and nothing is happening. No motor noise or nothing. I started generator to make sure battery was working and generator started fine. Any ideas? Is there a way to do it manually? Looked at everything and it seems plugged up. Thanks
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:27 AM   #2
LouSlugger

I assume you have Happijac system. I had the same type of problem and Happijac technical support was very helpful. I started by replacing the control switch (on the wall) but that wasn't the problem. Then I tried by-passing the switch and connecting power directly to the motor (using a 12 volt car battery) to see if the motor was dead or frozen, and that wasn't the problem. In the end, it seemed to be a problem in the wiring leading from the switch to the motor. Unfortunately, that wiring is mostly hidden behind walls, etc. Rather than spend the time and effort to try to pinpoint the problem, I just got two strands of wire, attached a clamp to the end of each wire (to connect to 12 volt battery), and spliced the other ends of the wire directly to the motor. Of course I only connect to the battery when I want to move the bunks. It's not the perfect solution but sufficient for my purposes. Hope this helps.

2007 Fuzion 362 Toy Hauler
2009 Ford F250 Super Duty Lariat 6.4L twin turbo diesel
LouSlugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:06 PM   #3
Big Boy w/ Big Toys

Check the foam that is on your chain on the bottom of your tracks to see if it is interfering with it......Everytime I clean I get the same thing
Big Boy w/ Big Toys is offline   Reply With Quote