Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2020, 02:41 PM   #41
6.2 Superduty

I read they are now using a waterproof floor material rather than cardboard. I believe many more of these trailers have wet foors and haven't been discovered yet.
I think the right thing for Keystone to do is replace rather than rebuild
6.2 Superduty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 02:44 PM   #42
6.2 Superduty

To answer your question it is an eastern model made in Indiana.
Old 01-31-2020, 04:15 PM   #43
skids

Personally, I would like to see a preventative retrofit for fender liners and maybe something for the door thresholds.
Old 01-31-2020, 04:29 PM   #44
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by skids View Post
Personally, I would like to see a preventative retrofit for fender liners and maybe something for the door thresholds.
Sounds like a "cottage industry" opportunity.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 11:58 AM   #45
Summergirl

Hip hip hooray Got the call this morning that Keystone is going to take the trailer back to factory to put in the new floor.
This will happen in the fall.

Thank you everyone on this forum for helping out by posting their issues, comments etc and my dealer for looking at this.
Old 04-18-2020, 05:19 AM   #46
6.2 Superduty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summergirl View Post
Hip hip hooray Got the call this morning that Keystone is going to take the trailer back to factory to put in the new floor.
This will happen in the fall.

Thank you everyone on this forum for helping out by posting their issues, comments etc and my dealer for looking at this.
That's good news.My 2018 Bullet came back yesterday with a new floor. Going to the dealer today to inspect it.
Old 04-18-2020, 05:53 AM   #47
Roose17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.2 Superduty View Post
That's good news.My 2018 Bullet came back yesterday with a new floor. Going to the dealer today to inspect it.
Our 2018 Passport is in the pipeline to get it's floor replaced by Keystone. (waiting on the Keystone to schedule the pickup) If you can share your initial impressions of the workmanship, or the whole Keystone process, it would be greatly appreciated.
Roose17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 08:51 AM   #48
k94x4

Our 2017 Outback 328RLI went to the Oregon factory mid February for a floor replacement. We are awaiting it's return, which has been delayed due to the coronvirus.
North Idaho
k94x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 09:37 AM   #49
6.2 Superduty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roose17 View Post
Our 2018 Passport is in the pipeline to get it's floor replaced by Keystone. (waiting on the Keystone to schedule the pickup) If you can share your initial impressions of the workmanship, or the whole Keystone process, it would be greatly appreciated.
To start with I discovered the problem in December when my 2018 was two years old. I reported the problem to my dealer mid January and Keystone approved repairs late January. It was transported to the Indiana plant mid February. It was back mid april.

The repairs appear to be satisfactory although my dealer will have to correct a few trim problems.
Old 04-22-2020, 04:24 PM   #50
Roose17

Thank you for sharing your experience. When our unit is complete I promise to share our experience with the members as well.
Roose17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 09:16 AM   #51
danf

Mine has been fixed and sitting at the dealership for two months. The dealership is still closed and I really don't know when I'll be able to get it.
danf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 10:06 AM   #52
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf View Post
Mine has been fixed and sitting at the dealership for two months. The dealership is still closed and I really don't know when I'll be able to get it.

Is that closing voluntary or mandatory? Just wondering about the directions taken in various places. My RV dealership is open and running about 75% volume per the GM.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 10:38 AM   #53
danf

Mandatory.

Its not really a big deal. Mud season is over now so I avoided dragging it through the mud. I may not even go camping anywhere this year. But it would be nice to have it back.
danf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:29 AM   #54
Justvisiting2day

Talking Another soft bullet floor

Whew, it has been a while off this page for me. as I am normally way too busy doing other stuff.. But this stick around the house idea has me nutso. So my comment about these cheep dam floors. And the company that puts them together. We have a 2013 Kstone Passport. We had purchased it as a NEW, but demo,, HA HA.
The 10 mile 10 second guarantee was ofcourse gone.
Now the fun part, was supposed to be trail ready. Got 450 miles and parked for the night, The black tank flooded??? Oh and the dang thing had Rob Bic solids in the drain. Clean that out in a gravel parking lot with no running water, oh it went into a county sewer drain. Next we got the idea to yeah take that nice hot shower,,The glass enclosure leaked like a sieve and the floor was soaked, and the drain in the shower was cracked around and leaked out under the trailer. Threw out the glass enclosure and installed a good curtain.

Called the dealer, he says "well it is a used trailer". Then after +$700 for a shower pan, that includes shipping from back east. I had to replace it , as no dealers were available.
Now the floor under the shower is replaced with real wood, and slight wobble at the pot. And the whole kitchen floor wrenches when you walk on it.
Dealers and Keystone , only GET THE MONEY, you fend for your selves.
Good luck put in concrete..
Justvisiting2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 07:39 PM   #55
Summergirl

Got a call from the Keystone plant in Oregon. Our trailer is going back there July 27 to have the new floor put in. Really hope they do a good job.
Old 05-12-2020, 10:36 AM   #56
Justvisiting2day

Another soft bullet floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summergirl View Post
Got a call from the Keystone plant in Oregon. Our trailer is going back there July 27 to have the new floor put in. Really hope they do a good job.
Holey Cats and jammers.. How did you get them ??? That is great, and at this time of the year. I am pleased to hear that the CO is willing to do this, good for you.
We are hoping to sell ours this year after a trip "if the park is open" to Glacier..
Thanks for your note.
Justvisiting2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 08:36 PM   #57
Summergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justvisiting2day View Post
Holey Cats and jammers.. How did you get them ??? That is great, and at this time of the year. I am pleased to hear that the CO is willing to do this, good for you.
We are hoping to sell ours this year after a trip "if the park is open" to Glacier..
Thanks for your note.
Took it to the dealer and then waited. After a month I messaged Keystone via fb and got a phone call first from HO customer relations then a few more emails back and forth. Then a call from the plant in Oregon. They were actually really good. I believe that I have a really good dealer that documented it very well. Proof was in the pictures.

Glacier National park is very beautiful. Enjoy.
Old 12-04-2020, 08:48 PM   #58
Summergirl

Last update:
Received the trailer back today after 20 weeks of not seeing it.
The floor replacement is great. Looking through out the unit you would never know there was an issue.
When looking closely you can see we’re the wiring has been spliced and water lines. Overall it looks great. The tacked down some trim that wasn’t right from factory as well as replaced the decal in the glass doors that had rubbed.
Overall experience - took them way too long. From the time it was dropped off to return was 20 weeks. No this was not the dealer. Transport arrangements from Canada were horrendous due to COVID-19. Parts coming from the east coast to west coast took forever. The fact the west coast plant isn’t geared for floor replacement as well as natural disasters (forest fires) and COVID did bode for a quick turn around. Originally told 6-8 weeks.
The floor looks great. So far we haven’t been able to test anything out. They did winterized the system including filling the hot water tank with RV anti freeze. Which we have drained and will flush out this week. Will test all appliances this week as well before putting it to bed for the winter. Spring can’t come fast enough.
Old 12-19-2020, 12:41 PM   #59
Pinellaskat

2017 keystone cougar

We are having a problem with a soft floor by the door and where the slide starts. We had a tire blow last year and Camping World fixed it and we started noticing the floor getting soft right after that. Has anyone tried to fix theirs and if so how did you go about it?
Pinellaskat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 09:50 PM   #60
Summergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinellaskat View Post
We are having a problem with a soft floor by the door and where the slide starts. We had a tire blow last year and Camping World fixed it and we started noticing the floor getting soft right after that. Has anyone tried to fix theirs and if so how did you go about it?
Contact your dealer.
Have them look at it.
Meanwhile contact Keystone Customer Care.
They are really good.

Tags
bullet, floor