Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2019, 08:28 AM   #1
Mattbwilson

2020 Fuzion 419 issues

Sad to say that my new RV is in the shop.
  • flooded storage compartment, water damage about 3 inches up the inside walls
    Screws missing or have fallen out - inside and outside of the unit
    Screws misaligned with holes in transition pieces
    Screws in doors wrong size and sticking out too far, not flush
    A/C unit in living area not working as designed not cooling
    Refrigerator drain is clogging somewhere and water spills into fridge then out of the refrigerator door when you open it
    Light above front and back door do not work
    GFI in bathroom broke and I had to replace it
    Stabilizers drop while traveling down the road
    Stabilizers won't rise completely when the button is pressed, must lift and press button again
    Auto level shows level, but the camper is leaning to the front

Way too many issues to comfortably use the camper.

I expect some issues and adjustments but the flood damage was prior to me making the purchase and the A/C issue makes it too hot inside to enjoy. I didn't catch the water issue, with a new camper I should not have too, on my next RV purchase I will preform my own water testing.

The screws sticking out in the floor have already cut my girlfriends toe open, and when I try to tighten them they appear to already be stripped out.

The dealer I purchased it from has never returned my calls. I have it at a large national repair shop as of yesterday.

If anyone knows how to work with Keystone directly I would appreciate a MFG Rep to speak to for assistance.

I am also a MFG rep. I understand a lot about what goes on with products, I just need more attention on this issue than a service center contact.

Estimated time in shop is 90 days.

Attaching a few pics
Mattbwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 09:23 AM   #2
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Lots of stuff going on here. A couple of things to clarify.
1. Where did you buy from?
2. Did you do a PDI before signing?
3. Was the flooded damage done before purchase? And you knew it?
4. There are NO Keystone employees of any kind on this forum that we are aware of.
5. Your pictures didn't attach, just wanted you to know.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 08:39 AM   #3
Mattbwilson

Lewis RV in Oklahoma City

Yes. It went pretty quick and since I was not looking for these types of issues it didnt see anything wrong. It was a bit warm, but it was.hot outside that day.

I believe it was water damaged prior to me purchasing it.

I have spoken with Keystone and sent them pictures and videos. The dealership I am having it serviced at is going to tear out the storage area and asses the water damage, how much there is and how long it has been damaged.

The Dealer will contact Keystone and that will kickstart the process or repairing or replacing parts.

I have stated to keystone that if this water damage was prior to me making the purchase I want a new unit, not a repaired unit.

I realize that is a difficult request, but I bought a new RV, not expecting it to be water damaged prior to me purchasing it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190925_090816.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	24044   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190925_090821.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	185.0 KB
ID:	24045   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190925_093538.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	367.5 KB
ID:	24046  
Old 10-13-2019, 09:43 AM   #4
bsmith0404

When you say the dealer you purchased from is not responding that leaves me a bit puzzled. How far are you from them? Who are you waiting to hear from, a service writer, service manager, store manager???? If they’re not responding, I’d be dropping off one day without Ana appointment and then be a thorn in there side, calling daily for updates, spending an afternoon in the showroom/lounge checking on status and making small conversation with other customers about your repairs etc. There are many ways to get attention without making a scene. Just the way I’d do it.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 09:18 AM   #5
Mattbwilson

Still in the shop

Yep. Still in the shop. Everyone is so helpful, but no one is fixing anything. Water leaks, venting issues, air flow from HVAC is still so low you cannot feel it at the output vent level, lippert auto level won't level (says its level- but the front is too low) auto retract doesn't work, when u let the Jack's down manually the jack goes an inch, have to wait 4-5 secs then another inch, takes about 20 min to lower all 6 Jack's, and so on and so on.

I'm sitting at Camping world until they finish it
Old 12-19-2019, 10:03 AM   #6
ChuckS

Sad to see it’s been in the shop since Oct and it’s now middle of Dec.. the issues with the hydraulic leveling system could have been fixed in a day ...

.. new 80 amp breaker from battery to dual polarity solenoid will fix this issue
.. levelers creeping down.. takes about 15 minutes to perform and isolate if any of the six levelers are leaking internally. Fronts are in tandem, left and right mid and rear are also in tandem with each other and isolated side to side
.. not being level when using auto level is a 2 minute calibration you could do

Trim issues will be .. most likely an ongoing issue from time to time due to vibrations rolling down the road.

Water damage should not take two plus months to evaluate and make repairs.

I’d be on the phone with Keystone Customer satisfaction folks daily to resolve the issue and resolve it quickly.

And... a bit of sugar goes a long way when dealing with Keystone customer satisfaction group.

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 10:46 AM   #7
Mattbwilson

Thank you. Yes just bought them 15 pizzas for service dept. Should be ready today.
Old 12-27-2019, 08:51 AM   #8
CaptnJohn

CW in Myrtle Beach has 2 locations. I know the parts guy, sales manager. I’ll only talk to one service writer. The general manager is new and have not met him yet. At 1 location there is only 1 tech and 2 at the other I’ll approve working on my Montana. I have yet left it there, appointments are made and I wait for work to be completed. I always tip the tech. I’ve bought the last 5 units from that location. Mostly I use a mobile tech I know well but he cannot do everything. The pizza idea may help in the future. Still, learn the names of the techs and specify which one(s) you will approve at any repair facility. It pays! When CW had a sale on auxiliary tanks the parts guy suggested buying it on line to eliminate shipping charge and have it shipped to him at the store.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 09:32 AM   #9
wiredgeorge

Mr. Wilson.... you gonna follow up? Sounded like you were rounding third base after your last post.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 01:02 PM   #10
Mattbwilson

Well we have another leak. Decided to take the camper on a Christmas trip. It's our 3rd night in the camper, total. 2 the 1st trip and now the 1st night for this trip. I out out of the shower, my girlfriend jumped in the shower and I was moving presents from the garage area of the camper into the pick up truck. I heard water running from the driver side of the camper and noticed water coming from underneath the camper near the water station. I bent down to check that out, I saw water coming out from the passenger side near the storage area. So I go around to check it out and notice a large pool of water on the ground, it had a soapy residue in it. I open the storage door passenger side, and it is completely flooded.

I'm so stressed at this point, other than a house this is the biggest purchase I've made, but now feel like it was a huge mistake.

Jack's still do not rise or lower without stopping ever 2 secs, then starting again.
It's cool out, so we tried to run the heater....the system kicked off after 30 seconds and would try to restart. Ended up replacing a black fuse with a normal 15amp fuse and that seems to have fixed it.
Noticed that none of the fuses match the name next to the fuse, that weird to me.

I guess I expected more from a brand new camper. The lack of attention to basic and detailed parts, finish and functional items is shocking.

I am unable to attach the video. Unless someone has a way to do it.
Old 12-27-2019, 01:03 PM   #11
Mattbwilson

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cACV24BzVnNAXyAJA

Here's the video...
Old 12-27-2019, 03:33 PM   #12
JRTJH
Site Team

I'd suggest a long "heart to heart" with the dealership general manager. You might want to invite the service manager to be a "spectator" (you don't need to hear anything much that he might have to say) and simply tell the general manager that you're not going to accept any more BS maintenance on your trailer, that you expect it repaired or replaced and that you're NOT going to wait for 3 months this time. They can either repair it NOW or replace it NOW, let him decide which he prefers.....

Enough is enough and it seems that you've been patient for far too long.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 03:57 PM   #13
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I'd suggest a long "heart to heart" with the dealership general manager. You might want to invite the service manager to be a "spectator" (you don't need to hear anything much that he might have to say) and simply tell the general manager that you're not going to accept any more BS maintenance on your trailer, that you expect it repaired or replaced and that you're NOT going to wait for 3 months this time. They can either repair it NOW or replace it NOW, let him decide which he prefers.....

Enough is enough and it seems that you've been patient for far too long.....
Wow. If it were me, I would remove the wall in the pass through and have a look. I think John is being too nice. While lots of folks come on this board to complain, most are minor issues that are kind sort of expected but a moldy trailer will be hard to sell and I suspect if I owned the thing, I would want the dealer to buy it back if at all possible and let them worry about it. Just not right...
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 10:48 AM   #14
Mattbwilson

Both valid points and good advise. I am.dropping it off on Monday. I love to have new camper, it's what I wanted when I purchased this one. But I do not think keystone is thinking the same thing I am. However, if mold appears down the line Keystone will have a bigger problem.

I'll keep you posted.

And thank you for following along and posting advice. Heard and understood.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:39 AM   #15
Mattbwilson

2020 Fuzion 419 update

Keystone has agreed to send an inspector to meet with us at the repair facility to go over the camper issues. we meet on 1/21/2020.

issues still not resolved
  • A/C not blowing out of ceiling vents – living room doesn’t cool – I have documented timeline pics of the IN command screen showing interior temperatures throughout the day to prove this. Also, documented calls to Lewis Rv about the cooling issues. This is when they told me that Keystone was misleading people by saying that the unit will run 2 a/cs on 30amps- see attached
  • Miswired fuse panel – likely why the main GFI blew the day after I got the unit home
  • Auto level jacks stop and start on the way up and the way down every 2 seconds
  • Flooding in the storage compartment
  • Smells musty and damp in storage compartment
  • Storage door repair is un acceptable, plus it still floods
  • Generator has 596 hours on it for some reason

Unanswered questions

Why does the generator have 596 hours on it?
What all was repaired on the camper before I bought it?
Why were the boards inside the storage unit not removed and checked for water damage when I dropped the camper off on 9/27

Days of ownership 136
Days in shop 105 days
Days in our possession 31 days (27% of the time)
Trip Time spent in Camper 9 days of possible 21 days due to issues
2 trips interrupted due to flooding, electrical, a/c and screws cutting my girlfriends foot

I'll post a follow up later this week

attached images
Repair of driver side storage door from service facility (2)
2020 Fuzion 419 Brochure
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191220_131600.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	24891   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191220_131603.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	24892   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190913_091940.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	287.0 KB
ID:	24893  
Old 01-19-2020, 11:10 AM   #16
chuckster57
Site Team

Wow is all I can say about that compartment door “repair”!! As an RV tech I wouldn’t want my name on that, and I can’t believe Keystone would authorize that kind of nonsense.

I’m with John, time to turn up the heat and force the issues. I’m sorry your dealing with all these problems, hope somebody steps up to the plate and does you right.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 11:53 AM   #17
flybouy
Site Team

I would not accepted that compartment door "solution". I'd think a high school "shop class" could do better than that.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 12:50 PM   #18
chuckster57
Site Team

2020 Fuzion 419 issues

Unless those screws are in the door frame, that sidewall is essentially ruined.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 10:22 PM   #19
CaptnJohn

As a finish carpenter I made mistakes and apprentices made mistakes, A good finish carpenter can fix the mistakes of other trades. No one with me ever made a mistake as big as the fool that 'fixed' that door! Where was the shop manager? How could that bigger fool allow that to leave his shop? I try to refrain from judging poor work but this one ~~~ I just never have seen such flagrant incompetence!

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 04:56 AM   #20
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Unless those screws are in the door frame, that sidewall is essentially ruined.
That is "fix" is totally uncalled for. Should have replaced the door gasket, resealed the door mounting, or entirely replaced the door.
What I find interesting is the second case of flooding!

Quote:
I saw water coming out from the passenger side near the storage area. So I go around to check it out and notice a large pool of water on the ground, it had a soapy residue in it. I open the storage door passenger side, and it is completely flooded.
Is the shower drain even connected??
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuzion