Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2020, 09:27 AM   #1
vtirocz

Vinyl trim screw cover & bunk fans

We took the '19 Zinger Lite ZR18BH out for its 2nd camping trip - this time to the Smokey Mountains which is about 6hr away. Great trip overall! Two things I noticed that I'd like to improve/fix:
  • On the return trip, the vinyl trim screw cover in the front/driver's side corner popped out and was flopping around. That's a huge eyesore and embarrassing for basically a new camper! I popped it back in and it came back out about an hour later. it's back in place now, but I want to ensure it stays in place while driving. I'm thinking using a little bit of silicon (just enough to hold it in place). Maybe a small "dab" every foot so it's not permanent, but will ensure it stays in the track. Any thoughts on a permanent solution? I really don't feel like taking it to the dealer for something this simple.
  • The top bunk in the back gets hot while the rest of the RV is cool. I rigged up a temporary solution with a small fan aimed at the top bunk, but wondering what others are doing to keep the bunk area cool. Looking for some ideas here. I'm thinking of mounting a fan permanently there.
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 09:42 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

For the "permanent fix" to the screw cover, remove that piece, carefully check the aluminum extrusion that it fits into. If there are any bent or damaged areas, have the dealership replace that extrusion with a new one. Do it during the first 90 days of ownership or you may run into a "you broke it, we can't repair it" situation. If there is no damage, order a roll of vinyl screw trim from Amazon or pick up a 50' roll at your local RV parts store. You'll need the rest in the future as the screw trim cover gets stained, shrinks a bit and/or falls away and "just comes up missing". Having it on hand will make the job fast and easy.

Fans? You can order them online at Amazon, any internet RV parts outlet or from your dealership.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover