Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2020, 10:17 PM   #1
jmorse62

Keystone Hideout 177LHS - Lippert Step

Has anyone installed the Lippert Components 733931 Black 26-inch Premium Double SolidStep on a Keystone Hideout 177LHS? According to the instructions it should fit, just looking for reasons to use it or not use it.
Thanks
jmorse62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 07:21 PM   #2
Jwsnags

I have a 2020 Hideout 177lhs, the Solid Step came standard on it.
I like it, very stable, to me it was a selling point.
Some complain about dirt getting into the camper when the steps fold in, but I have not had this problem, since I wipe my feet before going it.
Jon
Jwsnags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 08:10 PM   #3
jmorse62

I installed my step today and it seems to fit fine but the strut on the bottom of the door keeps the steps from folding up or down. Does your door have the closing strut on the bottom or is it a different configuration?
Old 05-02-2020, 09:00 PM   #4
jmorse62

The door on my camper had a strut on the bottom that prevented the door from opening further than 90 degrees. The door was then blocking the travel of the steps. The steps wouldn,t go down without hitting the door. I removed the strut and when the door is fully opened the steps move up and down fine. Now I need to find something to keep the door from flopping around.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TwA...ew?usp=sharing

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 05-03-2020, 04:28 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

There are several styles at Amazon. Try this link: https://www.amazon.com/slp/rv-door-h...dskadww6nvh7tu

Remember, if you do install anything on your trailer sidewall and the door facing, make sure the screws/rivets are inserted into a structural component. The thin plastic/aluminum skin on the outside of the door and the thin aluminum skin/FILON sidewall of the trailer will NOT hold the screws if a gusty wind hits the open, latched door. It'll rip the screws out of either the door or the sidewall. It (the screws in the weak parts) also won't "survive" the first kid that closes the door with the latch in place....

Alternative: Install the "door part" near the lower edge, and into the door aluminum frame and install the "trailer part" just above/below the J-wrap, there is a strong structural component just behind where the J-wrap is attached to the trailer.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 05:59 AM   #6
LewisB

...and don't forget to put those steps in before you set or change the level of your trailer. If you lower the trailer while the steps are down and the door is closed, you are likely to destroy either the steps or the door or both...
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hideout, keystone