Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2019, 08:39 AM   #41
KSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselpump View Post
I highly recommend the BW 5th wheel. If your truck has the Puck system, they make one for it. I have the concert a ball system and wouldn't trade it for any other system. I had a rease that I should give away for scrap one day.
Did you mean convert a ball? Been looking at them to see if I can just use the gooseball.
KSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 08:46 AM   #42
tech740

So I spoke with a Michigan State Police Trooper a couple days back. I wish I had the transcripts so that there was proof. He told me that sometime about 10 years ago the laws were updated in Michigan, and the exception for non-commerce 5th wheels was removed. This means his understanding, he is a motor carrier officer, was that even 5th wheels required chains. He also stated he was not going to start looking for this because he knew from personal experience that 5th wheels are not provisioned to accept chains. He said he researched this based on me asking the question and it was about two weeks before I got info back. Take it for what you will but that is what the State Police told me.

2019 Ram 3500 6.7 HO, Aisin Trans 3:73
Reese Goosebox
2019 Sandpiper 379FLOK
tech740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:09 AM   #43
Dieselpump

5th wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSH View Post
Did you mean convert a ball? Been looking at them to see if I can just use the gooseball.
KSH
Yes that should have been convert-a-ball. Crazy auto correct.
Dieselpump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 10:14 AM   #44
KSH

How do you like it? I've been thinking of using that? Any issue voiding the frame warranty that you know about?
KSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 02:02 PM   #45
Jim2366

I have a 2019 Ram 3500 long bed and etrailer suggested the B&W Companion 25k. It dropped in and locked. It had used the middle holes for the height, and the back holes that made it closer to the cab since I have a long bed. I am sure there are better ones but it fit and works.
Jim2366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 04:29 AM   #46
Dieselpump

5th wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSH View Post
How do you like it? I've been thinking of using that? Any issue voiding the frame warranty that you know about?
KSH

The Ford dealership would have installed the BW hitch for me, but their price is rediculous, so I'm sure it doesn't void their warranty. I personally really like the hitch. Very easy to connect and disconnect to and a positive solid lock that you have to physically put a pin in place to lock it. BW claims to have the best locking Jaws in the business, I hope to never have to test that. I have several friends with different hitches and a few with the same BW companion hitch. The only thing I wish I would have bought is the auto slide, but so far pulling and backing my 2018 Fuel 335, in a short bed F250 has been very easy. I take it hunting very offload with no issues at all.
Dieselpump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 05:04 AM   #47
Ricbryant

My dealer put me on the Andersen ultimate 5th wheel hitch. I ve towed it for 2500 miles with no issues. It’s light and you can remove it quickly if you need your full truck bed for chores.

Also, they set it up with safety chains. they have not cause any issues with turning and backing.
Ricbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 04:45 AM   #48
mrknstarke

I've been using the Curt K25 in my RAM 2500 with factory prep. It is a perfect fit and works great. Purchased from Etrailer.com.
mrknstarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 05:41 AM   #49
+Ruff Rider
Gone Traveling

B&W made in the USA. it may be a little beefier but I like it that way. I'm 67 and can remove the hitch myself.
+Ruff Rider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fifth wheel, hitch