Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2019, 04:44 AM   #1
Camper Dog

Remote for Ground Control 3.0

Just bought a new Montana High Country 381TH from Campers World (Ashland VA) that has the factory installed 6 pt leveling system. When operating the system with the control panel located in the front storage compartment It is difficult to see the truck/hitch and king pin. Asked them about the remote and said it doesn't come with it. Talked to LCI, manf. of the leveling system and they said if installed by the factory it should come with it. at $250 for a new remote on amazon, I want to be sure. Anyone had this same issue? Should I contact Keystone? any help appreciated...
Camper Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 06:59 AM   #2
xrated

Not sure, but there may also be a phone app that you could download and set up to do the same thing. My Momentum came with the LCI ground control 3.0 and in addition to the panel that you are referring to, it has the "One Control" system that has a 7" touchscreen inside and a phone app to control it also. I would be surprised if Keystone's In Control doesn't have a similar set up for phone app. usage.

I would definitely pursue the remote also, especially if it was supposed to come with the system.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 01:52 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

There is a "build sheet" somewhere. Whether the dealership left the yellow copy for the purchaser or not is questionable, but it should be in the owner's packet from Keystone. The remote master unit should be listed on that build sheet (by S/N and model number) and the hand held remote may also be listed. A call to Keystone Customer Service "should" provide information on whether the trailer was shipped with or without a hand held remote. From what I've seen at dealerships, much of that "stuff" (TV's, TV remotes, stereos, stereo remotes, and main remote units are often left in a drawer in the trailer. If, someone needed a remote more than the next purchaser, then those type items tend to "grow legs".... What better way for the dealership to "cover the cost and not be obligated to replace it" than to say, "Keystone doesn't ship trailers with remote controls." Really? Then why does the TV, the stereo, and the rest of the Keystone trailers on the lot have one ?????

Not to add to the OP's problem, but my Cougar was delivered with the remotes for all the items in the trailer, including the main remote that controls the landing gear, awning, slides and a few lights. It was provided by Keystone, not the dealership.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 06:42 AM   #4
Canonman

It was most likely shipped with a remote. Ours was missing as well but as John said we were able to go through the build sheet with our service rep during the PDI. I had seen it demonstrated during the sales process on another unit so I wanted to test it to be sure it worked. They actually went to another unit and "got" one for us. The other guy was likely on his own when that unit was sold. I'd say hold their feet to the fire on this one and don't forget the charger that comes with it.
Keystone Owner Relations has been a big help for a couple of our issues: https://www.keystonerv.com/owners/contact-us/
Might save you $$ with a phone call.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_7357 - Version 2.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	248.7 KB
ID:	20943  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 07:07 AM   #5
Camper Dog

Thanks Canonman for this tip, sent them a message asking for help!
Old 03-20-2019, 07:07 AM   #6
Camper Dog

sent a message to Keystone asking for the build sheet.... Thanks!

Tags
remote