Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 02-19-2021, 12:29 PM   #1
hitchikerman

leaking Kitchen faucet

I have a 2020 315 RLS Cougar kitchen faucet that leaks at the faucet handle and also runs down the supply lines in the cabinet. The manufacturer of the faucet is Structured flow (never heard of them...lol). This is the first time we are using it and we are at wit's end trying to get Keystone Manufacturing to help us out. They want us to take it to Camping world to get them to look at it and the earliest would be March 1st let alone ordering a part and waiting for that part to come in then take it up there when it does. We are in Florida for the winter and will not returning home until april. If they would just buy us a replacement and I could put it in but they won't.
hitchikerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 12:38 PM   #2
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchikerman View Post
I have a 2020 315 RLS Cougar kitchen faucet that leaks at the faucet handle and also runs down the supply lines in the cabinet. The manufacturer of the faucet is Structured flow (never heard of them...lol). This is the first time we are using it and we are at wit's end trying to get Keystone Manufacturing to help us out. They want us to take it to Camping world to get them to look at it and the earliest would be March 1st let alone ordering a part and waiting for that part to come in then take it up there when it does. We are in Florida for the winter and will not returning home until april. If they would just buy us a replacement and I could put it in but they won't.
I know it sucks but if it were me I would go to Home Depot and buy a nice new upgraded faucet for $200 and install it in an hour.. make sure to see what fittings you need to complete and get them as well..a lot of people upgrade even when the old one is working just fine

Have you pulled the faucet handle off and see if you can replace the cartridge? That’s another possibility or it’s just loose
Old 02-19-2021, 12:58 PM   #3
hitchikerman

Yes I took it all apart but I don't think it's the cartridge because it's not leaking out the end of the faucet. Funny we are talking about that and probably what we'll end up doing, my wife can't live like this for another two months..
Old 02-19-2021, 01:15 PM   #4
jasin1

Quote:
Yes I took it all apart but I don't think it's the cartridge because it's not leaking out the end of the faucet. Funny we are talking about that and probably what we'll end up doing, my wife can't live like this for another two months..
Sounds good. You would end up with water damage in the floor/ cabinets and underbelly if you don’t fix it
Old 02-19-2021, 01:26 PM   #5
travelin texans

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
I know it sucks but if it were me I would go to Home Depot and buy a nice new upgraded faucet for $200 and install it in an hour.. make sure to see what fittings you need to complete and get them as well..a lot of people upgrade even when the old one is working just fine

Have you pulled the faucet handle off and see if you can replace the cartridge? That’s another possibility or it’s just loose
I totally agree! I wouldn't take it back to the dealer for them to take a month to install the same cheap a## faucet.
Check out the clearance racks at HD & Lowes, I found replacement kitchen/bath faucets for our last 2 RVs on those racks, didn't spent $200 total on all of them.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 03:03 PM   #6
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post

You can get nice high rise sprayer head faucets at HD or Lowe’s for between $150 and $200.
Yes, you might need a fitting or two to get connected, but then you have a quality brand name faucet.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 07:23 PM   #7
chuckster57
Site Team

Save your receipt. Have CW file a warranty claim anyway, You may get reimbursed for a portion of the faucet. They will only pay what they pay for a replacement but it’s better than a kick in the rear.

Make sure you take pictures of the leak, that way they can’t say it wasn’t leaking. First pic, overall view of faucet. Next picture, up close to show the active leak. Last picture, brand of faucet.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 07:34 AM   #8
ChuckS

DO yourself a favor and replace the junk RV style faucet with a residential faucet.. You will also need two brass adapter fittings to connect existing PEX hot and cold lines to the new faucet..

And if you don't have a faucet wrench you will need one because most of the RV faucets (one hole style) the nut underneath is impossible to reach without a wrench for the job.. Some new faucets come with a plastic universal faucet wrench for install

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 09:57 AM   #9
sourdough
Site Team

Trying to deal with Keystone as a customer and not go through a Keystone dealer is virtually impossible. I've had success when staying in FL by contacting the service manager at CW, explaining my situation (busted hanger/rollers on sliding door), sending him pics and explanation of what happened and they ordered the rollers for me and sent them to me at the campground. I installed them upon receipt. You might try that route (or go pick then up if they don't want to send them to you). The problem will be that what you get is what you already have (cheap faucet) if they agree to it. I think I would just buy a new, upgraded faucet and write it off as upgrading the trailer - done it many times. Makes for a happier wife... = happier life.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 10:41 AM   #10
B-O-B'03

The place where I bought our camper was 5 hours away, so every time I had a warranty issue I would just call the dealer, email them pictures of the issue and they would send me the parts for the repair (usually drop shipped directly from Keystone).

One time they also sent me money to cover my time for doing the repairs.

It is worth asking your selling dealer if they will do that for you.

-Brian
Old 02-20-2021, 02:10 PM   #11
Camp CA

Quote:
.............I have a 2020 315 RLS Cougar kitchen faucet that leaks at the faucet handle and also runs down the supply lines in the cabinet.........
I would buy a new faucet and replace it. If still under warranty, send Keystone the receipts for the faucet and labor for reimbursement, albeit no guarantee.
Camp CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 02:10 PM   #12
hitchikerman

ok guys I took your advice and went to HD and bought a new faucet. Grab all the parts that I needed and got it done for under a hundred bucks, Thanks for all your help my friends. Happy wife happy life...
Old 02-20-2021, 02:22 PM   #13
jasin1

Quote:
ok guys I took your advice and went to HD and bought a new faucet. Grab all the parts that I needed and got it done for under a hundred bucks, Thanks for all your help my friends. Happy wife happy life...
Good job! That’s the difference between being frustrated and stressed out waiting on someone else or just diving in and changing the outcome ....now back to to the fun times !
Old 03-03-2021, 08:14 AM   #14
jimborokz

The first time I took my 5er back for warranty work, of the 6 items I gave them they got one done satisfactorily. Even though they are only 25 miles away I decided that I would only use warranty for a major issue and fix the rest myself. I just don't need the aggravation.
2017 F-350, psd,4x4, lariat, c-c, swb, srw
jimborokz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 04:59 AM   #15
Wyldone4

What fittings did you have to buy? Im having the same exact issue and doing it myself
Wyldone4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 07:43 AM   #16
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldone4 View Post
What fittings did you have to buy? Im having the same exact issue and doing it myself
It all depends on the replacement faucet & the rv fittings.
Typically the rv should be 1/2" NPT female fittings so whatever it takes from there to the new faucet. But check before purchase to save trips to the hardware store.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak