Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-08-2021, 06:25 PM   #1
tcmiller

2020 Keystone Passport UltraLite

Hi, all. We are first time trailer haulers (well, moved West back in '89 towing a 1968 Nomad 18' with hardly any paint left on it....had fun, did the job, but sold it after it served its purpose).

We bought a new 29' trailer this past summer and have been enjoying it whenever we can. Here's my question: Have any of you had the curved front end repainted to avoid the summer heat transfer that comes thru the black factory finish into the bedroom? The sun's heat is quite noticable; don't notice it on the sides and back, but that black front really lets it in.

I'm considering having a local body shop repaint that black portion with one of the lighter colors found on the rest of the body, but would appreciate any advice from more experienced RVers. Any recommendations, either way?
tcmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 06:00 AM   #2
SouthTXRVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmiller View Post
Hi, all. We are first time trailer haulers (well, moved West back in '89 towing a 1968 Nomad 18' with hardly any paint left on it....had fun, did the job, but sold it after it served its purpose).

We bought a new 29' trailer this past summer and have been enjoying it whenever we can. Here's my question: Have any of you had the curved front end repainted to avoid the summer heat transfer that comes thru the black factory finish into the bedroom? The sun's heat is quite noticable; don't notice it on the sides and back, but that black front really lets it in.

I'm considering having a local body shop repaint that black portion with one of the lighter colors found on the rest of the body, but would appreciate any advice from more experienced RVers. Any recommendations, either way?
I personally don't have any experience with doing this, but painting it a lighter color could only help. It certainly wouldn't hurt. As I'm sure you know, lighter colors tend to reflect more heat and darker colors tend to absorb and transfer more heat. Hopefully it works out for you.
SouthTXRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 03:16 PM   #3
NH_Bulldog

We have a Passport, but the front is grey and we have not noticed any appreciable heat-gain. Maybe it’s just a function of where we live and where we travel to but it has never been an issue for us.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone, passport