Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2021, 07:36 PM   #1
Nankipoo

Haloview wireless observation cameras

Haloview gets good reviews, Looking at at least putting one on rear and maybe the two side marker ones. I will run a cable up to the front of 5'er on top for reception. Wireless yay or nay. Looked at the threads on a wired one but I'm old and tired, lol. Don't know if I want to go through all that.
Nankipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 07:43 PM   #2
Traindude

I am also interested in this topic as well. Like to hear from you all who use cameras. My part of the question is are they on at all times?
Old 02-20-2021, 08:09 PM   #3
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traindude View Post
I am also interested in this topic as well. Like to hear from you all who use cameras. My part of the question is are they on at all times?
You can wire them either way you choose. Some folks just wire the power feed to the camera into the upper marker lights on the back of the trailer then when they are travelling, they turn on their parking lights or their headlights. Other will wire them into a steady 12VDC source and then use a switch to turn it on as needed.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 08:23 PM   #4
Nankipoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
You can wire them either way you choose. Some folks just wire the power feed to the camera into the upper marker lights on the back of the trailer then when they are travelling, they turn on their parking lights or their headlights. Other will wire them into a steady 12VDC source and then use a switch to turn it on as needed.
I wouldn't mind them being hot all the time just not sure where I would find that power source on my rig. Would probably never use it at a campground but would be nice to know I could.
Old 02-20-2021, 08:38 PM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

I bought the haloview system? but when I got it the monitor is "huge". I was going to use it as a novelty more or less but the size was just too much. 7" maybe?
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 07:07 PM   #6
Nankipoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I bought the haloview system? but when I got it the monitor is "huge". I was going to use it as a novelty more or less but the size was just too much. 7" maybe?
Saw a video where someone had velcro'd it to his rear view mirror. That was pretty cool since the rear view is kinda useless towing a 5th wheel.
Old 02-21-2021, 05:12 AM   #7
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nankipoo View Post
I wouldn't mind them being hot all the time just not sure where I would find that power source on my rig. Would probably never use it at a campground but would be nice to know I could.
You would have to check your particular trailer. I've heard of some trailers being wired where the power source to the camera prep area is on all the time, and others that use the clearance lights as the voltage source. It seems that every trailer manufacturer has a different approach, so maybe check yours out and at least see what you've got.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 04:28 PM   #8
Nankipoo

My camper isn't wired for them. I would replace the center marker light on the back and install it there. Only problem I see withy the 2 side marker ones is that my front markers are vertical instead of horizontal. Haven't googled any info yet if they can be installed that way.
Old 02-25-2021, 08:35 AM   #9
ewbldavis

*Furrion

Eddy

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0L
2020 Cougar 32BHS
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 11:04 AM   #10
BAMA4K

I have the Haloview on my 5er with the wireless setup. I ran the cord along top of trailer from camera to sending unit. I’m 51 feet from camera to cab. Works flawlessly. My camper had the furion prewire set up but my haloview came with an adapter kit that made installation a breeze. I have about a 1 second delay while highway driving.
BAMA4K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 11:33 AM   #11
jim1

I have the FURRION rear observation camera and the 2 side mount cameras on our Cougar 315RLS and they work really well. My rear view was pre wired to a 12v hot lead which would have it on all the time. I found the 12v circuit (rear interior lights) and cut in a switch, the only problem is if I forget to turn it on or off before the slides are in. My lovely bride is getting tired of climbing on the sink counter to get to the switch so I'm going to install a remote control to run the power to the camera. And well I'm at it I well also wire the side views to a remote control. The side views are wired to a separate 12v from the clearance lights (12v light circuit in front storage area) with a switch. The nice thing about this set up is I can use all 3 cameras for security cams if I bring the monitor in side.
Retired-Lovin' 7 Saturdays a week!!
jim1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 06:22 PM   #12
Nankipoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1 View Post
I have the FURRION rear observation camera and the 2 side mount cameras on our Cougar 315RLS and they work really well. My rear view was pre wired to a 12v hot lead which would have it on all the time. I found the 12v circuit (rear interior lights) and cut in a switch, the only problem is if I forget to turn it on or off before the slides are in. My lovely bride is getting tired of climbing on the sink counter to get to the switch so I'm going to install a remote control to run the power to the camera. And well I'm at it I well also wire the side views to a remote control. The side views are wired to a separate 12v from the clearance lights (12v light circuit in front storage area) with a switch. The nice thing about this set up is I can use all 3 cameras for security cams if I bring the monitor in side.
Haven't decided if I want them hot all the time or just when traveling. If they were hot all the time I'd be trying to figure out how to hook them into a 32 inch TV inside for better viewing.
Old 02-25-2021, 06:19 PM   #13
Nankipoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMA4K View Post
I have the Haloview on my 5er with the wireless setup. I ran the cord along top of trailer from camera to sending unit. I’m 51 feet from camera to cab. Works flawlessly. My camper had the furion prewire set up but my haloview came with an adapter kit that made installation a breeze. I have about a 1 second delay while highway driving.
Thanks, good to know it works well.