Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2010, 08:56 AM   #1
prov431

Normal slope (if any) with slide out extended?

I've watched my slide out extend a few times now on my 2010 Sprinter 264BHS.
I've noted that it starts out angled downward and gradually levels out as it extends. The final portion of the extention lifts the slide out box to an almost level position.
Since I've read on other forums that some folks purposely set up their TT's so the slide out is sloped downward (for rain I imagine) I wonder what is the "normal" slide out position?
Should I simply level the TT and let the slide out do it's thing?
Should I offset the TT so the slide out side is lower?
Or, should I retract it just slightly so it's sloped down?
OR ?

I haven't had it open in the rain yet, but plan to see what it does this week.

I plan to place a adhesive back level bubble on the slide out box, as I have on the rest of the TT to easily view the angle when set up.

Thanks,
Dan
Husky Centerline WDH w/active sway
2008 Tundra 5.7
prov431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:16 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Dan, If you do not have any leak problems with your slide-out there is no reason to not level your trailer. ALWAYS extend or retract your slide all the way ....... It will not be sealed unless all the way out or in. Much more comfortable living and sleeping in a level trailer. Hope this helps, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:38 AM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

I would agree with Hank's advice - unless you have a problem with leakage, I would level your RV when setting up. Once it has been levelled, you might want to place a level on the roof of the slideout to see what kind of slope or pitch (if any) you have on its roof. On our 5th, when the unit is level, there is a slight slope on the roof away from the unit - which is a good thing!
Old 02-02-2010, 10:26 AM   #4
Terrydactile

I'm not sure about the mechanics your slide goes through when operated but I do know that my slide roof has a pretty good slope built into it. I've never measured it but it visible to the eye. As mentioned previously you have to have your slide all the way out to make all the seals tight. Also I think the folks that lean their TT to tilt the slide may have had a leaking issue or maybe just want to be sure they dont. You should not have to lean your TT to keep the slide from leaking. If it leaks there is a problem with the way the seals are fitting which could be caused by a poorly adjusted slide or poor seals.