Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2014, 06:10 PM   #1
Steve S

Some cheese with your whine?

Is it me or has anyone else noticed that there's a lot of long winded posts where people whine about the most simple fixes but yet they blame the manufacturer and the dealer but no matter how many responses to the post they never answer?
Like it's an RV, not a house and people need to realize this!
You can't have the MW on while the AC is on. Your shower is about 7 mins, if you want it longer fire up the lp.
Water pressure sucks, get used to it, it's not hard.
I'm sorry that your shower head isn't the same as your house, change it! It's not a house and you're running on a simple 12 volt pump.
Yes the furnace sucks the lp, did you expect that tank to last all year?
It's not a 4 season trailer but if you think about things you really can make things better if you spend a few bucks.
Polar Package is a joke, search it! And yes I learned the hard way about this as I'm sure many people have but I just laugh it off.
Yes you'll find that a few screws will back off and other things can be a pain but for the most these are simple things to fix.
Keystone is like every other manufacture out there, their in the business to make money. I don't think that they make crappy trailers and if they did they would be out of business. They have to keep up with the competition and they have a fine margin when it comes to being competitive.
I'm hitting I think about 10 months living full time in mine, it's been fun and a great experience as it sure as hell isn't like living in a house!
Also if you treat your salesmen/ saleswoman as humans you'll get the same respect back.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:39 PM   #2
bsmith0404

Dang it, I was just getting ready to start a new post about the screws in my kitchen pantry coming lose. I mean, come on keystone, I paid $60k plus for this thing, you couldn't use screws that self tighten? I just noticed there is dust on the outside of the 5er as well, probably from all of these people who don't know what 5mph means, but I thought the exterior full body paint came with dust proofing. This is getting so frustrating, what's next, the central vac system will probably need me to push the head around. Maybe I should have sprung for the mobile suites, surely they can't have these problems.

They do, and stop calling me Shirley!

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:44 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

And when you bring it in for service Monday morning, give me a chance to look at your 5 page, 47 item list before you DEMAND I get all of them cleared so you can go back out on Friday.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:36 AM   #4
therink

I love the posts about water damage on a two year old unit whereas the owner has likely never even set foot on the roof to clean, inspect and/or doesn't even own a caulk gun. They then go on about how terrible Keystone is and threatening lawsuits, etc.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:55 AM   #5
jsmith948

A man and woman find, in each other, that 'perfect' soul mate. They each find the other beautiful, smart, witty, charming - did I mention beautiful? Their courtship is wonderful, romantic & fun filled. They are IN LOVE. Then, they get married, go home and REALLY get to know each other. They are still in love - but with a healthy dose of reality. Sort of like buying an RV!!!

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:27 AM   #6
geo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
Maybe I should have sprung for the mobile suites, surely they can't have these problems.

They do, and stop calling me Shirley!
Bsmith0404 - Yup, they sure do. Ask Maverickpro203 over at suiteowners. I understand even the fully custom, very pricey Continental Coaches (fifth wheels) and the New Horizons fivers have occasional problems. But Keystone produces more units in a week than either of these do in a year.

A couple of years ago, I paraphrased a common quote from Caesar, "Veni, Vidi, Whiney" - "I came, I saw, I whined" - for those who visit once, make a single long, complaining post, and never return. The Keystone Forum does not have a lock on these types of visiters. Forest River, Heartland, KZ, even Airstream and DRV forums have similar posts. And once I see those posts, I think "Veni, Vidi, Whiney".

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:41 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Ron's right !!! (Bet you didn't think you'd hear that about anything but EVOO)

ANYWAY... of the thousand new members that have signed up in the past 2 months, and of the 116 that have signed up in the past 7 days, only a very VERY small percentage (less than 1%) are "one post whiners". The other's, just like most of us "old timers" are here to exchange information, get and give advice based on our experience with RVing and with Keystone products. Very few of us (if any at all) have a totally "troublefree RV" and quite honestly, I don't know of anyone who really believes such a "critter" exists.

We enjoy our RV's, we discuss the issues and problems, we seek ways to make them better or more comfortable and we head out to use them for what they are, a mobile home that's small enough to drag behind a personal vehicle. Maybe we're not "trailer trash" but we are certainly "trailer folk".....

To those who have stuck around and enjoyed, learned, repaired and continue to post, "hang in there"

And to that "less than 1% of "one post complainers": "Veni, Vidi, Whiney" We really hope that you can find a way to "get over your preconceived notion of expecting something that isn't" and join in the "fun of camping"

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:10 AM   #8
SAABDOCTOR

i was thinking (bad thing for me) about the most recent post about the molding and how disapointing this has been. I feel sorry that it broke but come on dued get real here. Last weekend i had the fridge open when my BIG malamute spoted a gopher out the back window.As the four leg freight train passed through the kitchen she slamd the door shut the door tray popped out of the door pocket boy let me tell you when i opened the door my oj fell on my foot. Man am i going tosue everyone keystone norcold. this forum for not warning me about this.... How is that for some white zin and brie? the dog part is true she hit the door so hard i am surprised the fridge didn't come through the wall well that's camping with big dogs.
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:18 AM   #9
Kristi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABDOCTOR View Post
i was thinking (bad thing for me) about the most recent post about the molding and how disapointing this has been. I feel sorry that it broke but come on dued get real here. Last weekend i had the fridge open when my BIG malamute spoted a gopher out the back window.As the four leg freight train passed through the kitchen she slamd the door shut the door tray popped out of the door pocket boy let me tell you when i opened the door my oj fell on my foot. Man am i going tosue everyone keystone norcold. this forum for not warning me about this.... How is that for some white zin and brie? the dog part is true she hit the door so hard i am surprised the fridge didn't come through the wall well that's camping with big dogs.
I'm laughing with you, not at you, I promise. We have a 90 lb lab, I feel your pain...

Kristi & Jeff
2014 Cougar 313 rli
2013 F350 king ranch
2014 passport 2650bh (sold)
2009 GMC 2500HD 6.6L 4X4 (sold)
Kristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:46 AM   #10
SAABDOCTOR

kriste,I laughed so hard i almost wet myself. thank goodness she stopped at the window. and speaking of labs. the camper next us has 6 labs. they are great dogs. and so well behaved!
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:34 AM   #11
Ken / Claudia

I had to laugh some time back a member was upset at the amount of work needed to maintain the RV. It was something like I moved from a house to a RV to get away from maintaince. Yea right I think that was a eye opener.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:39 PM   #12
Steve S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken / Claudia View Post
I had to laugh some time back a member was upset at the amount of work needed to maintain the RV. It was something like I moved from a house to a RV to get away from maintaince. Yea right I think that was a eye opener.
That's funny as I find it's a lot more maintenance to live in an RV then it's to live in a house but nothing beats camping 7 days a week.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:16 AM   #13
Pappydude

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith948 View Post
A man and woman find, in each other, that 'perfect' soul mate. They each find the other beautiful, smart, witty, charming - did I mention beautiful? Their courtship is wonderful, romantic & fun filled. They are IN LOVE. Then, they get married, go home and REALLY get to know each other. They are still in love - but with a healthy dose of reality. Sort of like buying an RV!!!
I've told my wife several times since we bought our 5th wheel that I thought she had a screw loose. My luck, she didn't come with a warranty.....but proper maintenance is always helpful and self taught or asking questions should be the norm for all of us! Most all of us are handy enought to tighten a screw here and there. I even take the caps off of my side lighting and tail lights now and then to clean out the dirt and grime they've collected.
Pappydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 01:06 PM   #14
jsmith948

I do that! Also blow out the Robertson screw heads

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 05:10 PM   #15
Desert185

I'm wiping down my high-end torque wrench and cheap, HF impact sockets in anticipation of lug nut maintenance.

LOL
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:33 AM   #16
itsb

HI my name is Bob, Im a whiner, its caused me to become a drunk
itsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 03:08 PM   #17
Steve S

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsb View Post
HI my name is Bob, Im a whiner, its caused me to become a drunk
Good man
Old 08-08-2014, 06:06 PM   #18
hankpage
Site Team

I took the cheese also ... so I'm a fat drunk....
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 06:24 AM   #19
kellydog98

Even when my tire blew in Tennesse, should I have thought to blame Keystone...nope! However, when the RV attendant backed my rig up to a service bay to change the tire...BAM! He cornered way too much and blew out my entire back window on the Truck! I correctly blamed him and the RV center. But didn't get mad or pissy. These things happen, tis better to be willing to work them out than go on a hissy fit. (However, I am perfectly able to get down and dirty if I am not satisfied). In this case, the RV center gave me two tires, some body work on the front corner of my rig, lunch, and a check for a new Truck window. All in all, I lost 4 hours on our trip but came out just fine. Like I said, 'stuff' happens, you should be able to ride the waves. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

kellydog98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:57 AM   #20
Albert

It appears a lot of you are whining about the whiners. I guess I am whining also. Boy, this can get confusing. I need to get back ok my meds!