Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 06-12-2010, 07:29 AM   #1
clpage

2003 Springdale speakers no sound

We bought a used 2003 Springdale with the factory installed (Magnadyne) AM/FM Receiver & CD player. The unit powers on and lights indicate it finds FM stations but there is no sound from any of the speakers. How can we get sound from the system?
clpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 04:21 PM   #2
GBHRPS

I had a similar problem with my unit part way through last season. As it turned out, the receiver had worked loose from its mounting (two screws had vibrated loose and fallen out), slid forward out from its shelf somewhat and pulled the speaker wires from their access points.

Our unit has the receiver mounted on shelf on the wall where the stairs go up into the front bedroom. Under the shelf is a large access panel, 3 feet by 18 inches tall, that is held in place with 2 screws. Once removed there were two screws on the floor behind the panel.

Once I slid the receiver out of its opening on the shelf, and reinserted the speaker wires for the living room and the bedroom back into their spring contacts, I had sound. Then I replaced the screws for holding the receiver in place and secured the access panel. Perhaps your problem is similar? Good Luck!

Gene
GBHRPS is offline   Reply With Quote