Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2011, 09:27 AM   #1
Powerstroke2000

Much difference between Montana & Raptor?

I've been trying to do my research on 'toyhaulers', which basically have the ability to haul two 700 Yamaha Grizzly quads. I don't necessarily need a huge unit, thus have been watching the 300 MP for size (double axle units) yet since retirement is still a few years off, finding a used unit in good condition is paramount.
I've seen both, where some folks have had no issues with their units, and others who have horror stories, so feeling comfortable is somewhat disconcerting as well.

I've owned slide in truck campers as well as bumper pull travel trailers in the past, but no 5th wheel units as of yet, so any tips, advice and comments are more than welcome for this first time toyhauler 'hopeful' purchaser!
I do like the idea of the garage, which is one reason I haven't been looking at bumper pull toyhaulers.
I'm also hoping to use my current 3/4 ton diesel pickup, although I would like to upgrade it as well, but tough to do it all at one time as most can understand I'm sure.

If any other affordable options come to mind, please forward those as well, as I'm trying to be budget conscious as well.

Thanks in advance.
Powerstroke2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:55 PM   #2
jje1960

2 Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstroke2000 View Post
which basically have the ability to haul two 700 Yamaha Grizzly quads.
I'm also hoping to use my current 3/4 ton diesel pickup

Thanks in advance.
Looks like you setting some pretty high bars there..... 2 quads and 3/4 ton. That sounds like a pretty big unit to haul those quads, one yea, two, that sounds like a triple axle with full size bay. I had to literally cut a few inches off my golf cart to get it to fit in our new 325 SRX. Understand the SRX is the smaller unit, but when looking at others during purchase don't believe the Montana THT is going to come anywhere close to 2 quads. Good luck with your search, post what you find will fit them and hope you can get into something that suits your needs!
jje1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:17 AM   #3
BigCajun

Talking

I hauled two full size ATV's and a mini quad in a dual axle 10' box toyhauler before I bought the Raptor with the 12 foot garage. I have no problems towing either rig with a 2500 HD Duramax.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:30 PM   #4
jje1960

Tow capacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCajun View Post
I hauled two full size ATV's and a mini quad in a dual axle 10' box toyhauler before I bought the Raptor with the 12 foot garage. I have no problems towing either rig with a 2500 HD Duramax.
Awesome, sounds like you know how to have fun with them toys! Following the towing/hauling specs get's challenging with big units and adding all the true weights that are stuffed in.
jje1960 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
automatic awning, budget, quality, toyhauler