Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2013, 03:00 PM   #1
Adventurider

Hey all, thinking of pulling the trigger on a used 2012 Fuzion 310.

I've never dealt with elect bunks before and the guy selling the rig isn't all to bright and honestly can't remember how to use the bunks since he's never used them.

So, question, I "think" that I get it, but want to be sure. How the hell do they work? the interwebz is surprisingly void of "how to" information on these things.

It has a lower and upper unit, it seems like the lower is the only one that is connected to the chain drive, so i'm assuming you let upper bed "ride" the lower unit until you get it to the location you want it at?

If that's true, i'm really not getting what the indoor bunk ladder is for since it won't work with the bunk when it's positioned where the Pin's go through?

Looking to all you smart toyhauler veterans to set me straight though.
Thanks in advance!
Adventurider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #2
maxx1963

The top bunk rides the lower one down. you have to pull 4 pins out of the upper and bring it down where the pin holes line up. the ladder is for the loft bed inside the trailer.

2005 2500HD CCLB Duramax. LBZ mouthpiece, factory CAI mod, Diamond eye "quiet" downpipe back exhaust/ Reese elite under bed rail hitch
2008 Fuzion 362
2008 KFX 700
2007 Yamaha Wolverine(wife's)
2002 Suzuki LT-A50(daughter's)
1995 Yamaha G14 golf cart
maxx1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:39 PM   #3
Adventurider

Well, the ladder part would make sense if there was a loft bed inside. Ain't one.

I don't have the trailer yet, but when I looked at the pin holes, it would put the upper bunk at about the 4 foot level and the lower woule be like 2 feet below that.

It just don't make no sense.

One thing I did find is an owners manual pdf online, and it "seems" like the upper bunk has a provision to ride the chain via carrier, I guess i'll just have to dig into it next time I look at it.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:41 PM   #4
wbatto

This is how they work

I have a 2013 381 Fuzion, If they are the same as mine you run the bottom bunk up to the top and remove the pins. Then lower both beds down. There are stops inside the tracks which will position the top bunk at the correct height. Lower the legs under the bottom bunk and lower it to the floor. The only time you need the pins is when the bunks are in the up position for towing as they can bounce and break. If you want to see more info about these beds go to www.happijac.com
wbatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #5
Adventurider

Ahhhhh! That makes sense. I'll have to try it out next time. The happijac site sux at best.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #6
wbatto

Ladder

My 381 came with a ladder for the top bunk.
wbatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:19 PM   #7
saltytuna1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbatto View Post
I have a 2013 381 Fuzion, If they are the same as mine you run the bottom bunk up to the top and remove the pins. Then lower both beds down. There are stops inside the tracks which will position the top bunk at the correct height. Lower the legs under the bottom bunk and lower it to the floor. The only time you need the pins is when the bunks are in the up position for towing as they can bounce and break. If you want to see more info about these beds go to www.happijac.com
In my Raptor they work this way also. You can adjust the resting, or lower height of the upper bunk by moving the stops up or down about six or eight inches. The ladder in mine will work with the bed adjusted to it's highest or lowest height.

Steve
saltytuna1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:26 PM   #8
Adventurider

Awesome, thanks for that Steve. One thing I don't have to worry about. I'm probably going to pull the trigger on this rig.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:21 PM   #9
GaryBro

We have a 2012 310 and really like it. From what I've seen, the four pins are only used to keep the top bunk all the way up when you want to lower just the bottom bunk. If the bottom bunk is all the way up, it holds the top bunk up also and the pins are not needed. Since our bottom bunk can be a bed or two couches, there are times that you want to keep the top bunk all the way up and just use the bottom one.
2014 Sherco 250
GaryBro is offline   Reply With Quote