Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-26-2012, 11:16 AM   #1
Rich

leak in kitchen slide

I have a 08 fuzion 373 that i keep having a leak under the frig. Took the drawer out because can't seem to figure out why it leaks. The carpet gets soaked and can't see where the water is coming from. My biggest issue is that it doesn't seem to ever leak open only closed. Has anybody else had this issue? Thanks
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:00 PM   #2
Bushman512000

Leak

Just a idea I bought a 2008 Cougar was checking it out and found the drain hose from the fridge was just junk broken into small rings and leaking when the fridge was defrosting or after I turned it off...so I replaced it with a hose I had in the shop ...that may be the leak You can not find...Bushman and good luck happy New Year
Bushman512000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:04 PM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

The leak may be coming from the drain hose which is found at the back of the fridge and can be accessed from the outside. This drain hose is made from plastic; and, over time may have come loose from where it is attached to the fridge or has become brittle and cracked allowing water to drain onto the floor near the back of the fridge.

This end of the drain hose should protrude slightly from between the vent slats on the exterior access "door" so that the water exits to the outside.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:24 PM   #4
Bushman512000

water from where???lol

happy New Years OLD MAN ...lol... great minds think a like must be the age Eh Bushman
Old 12-26-2012, 01:02 PM   #5
Rich

leak

That sounds like something i need to check but the fridge has not been used. The problem is when it rains. I haven't got around to building a shelter yet so it sets outside for the time being. It's seems to just be leaking into the area under the fridge. I ran my hand around the inside of the slide and don't feel any water but the carpet is soaked. Really can't tell where it orginates from because the carpet seems to wick it across the whole area. Thought it was the speakers but there isn't one in that slide.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:00 AM   #6
Bushman512000

roof leak

Got Me now can not be the fridge if not running, a seal around the slide??I would think water running down as in rain and the rug is like You said a wick.Hard to find just talking not able for Us to see.Water needs just a small crack and can make a big mess Sorry We are of little help ..Bushman
Old 12-27-2012, 04:24 AM   #7
Rich

Thanks for the reply. Have you ever heard of one leaking through the fridge vents? I have a couple of people thats where it is coming from. If you look at those vents it would have to be some kinda of jumping rain to get in there. i taped them shut and we will see if that was the problem.

How often do you rv guys crank your generators?
Old 12-27-2012, 06:08 AM   #8
joestaz

leak in kitchen slide

Hi, not sure which unit the 373 is but we have a 405 which has speakers in the kitchen slide that face out for outside listening. The speakers that were installed by Keystone were not a good quality speaker and the backs became brittle and water started entering the kitchen slide from there. If you have speakers, check them. Good luck.
Retired
joestaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:19 AM   #9
BMcCutcheon

I run my Generator atleast once a month for 15-30 minutes.
2007 Keystone Outback Sydney Edition Toy Hauler 31KFW
Firestone Air Bags
16K Drawtite Slider Fifthwheel, Superchip Max Tow
https://www.winkflash.com/photo/image...=327676264&z=0
BMcCutcheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:59 PM   #10
Jimbeau

I say RUN that Gen

Run that generator monthly, but, be careful leaving "old" gas in too long without a fuel stabilizer (such as Sta-Bil) which is available in most of the "chain" auto supply stores or at Home Depot or Lowes. If your in a heavy winter climate, I wouls just use 10w30 oil, Sta-bil in the gas AND run it at least once a month for 20-30 minutes. Some folks like to just run it out of gas and drain the carb's fuel bowl and not touch it til spring, but I would think that would dry the seals inside. I say let it run!
Jimbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:52 AM   #11
aburns20

I use sta-bil in the fuel and run the generator in our Fuzion once a month for about 30 minutes under some load. Lights on in the trailer with the heater on to keep warm in the winter.