Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2010, 01:34 PM   #1
Jim W

Things to do in Ashville NC

Do not know if this is the proper thread to post in but I will try this one first.

My DW and I are planning a June trip to the Blue Ridge park way. With several stops at different cities, states and camping parks to stay at. We are not very familiar with the state of NC and would like some recommendations on sites and things to do. We do not want to travel to the coastal area just staying around the Blue Ridge Park Way area.
Thanks for the info.
Jim
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 01:54 PM   #2
Flyguy

You might want to visit the Biltmore Estate, I think its very near there, kinda like Disney World both in price and beauty.
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 05:24 PM   #3
antiqfreq

Not sure all places you are staying at but you can do the Great Smokey train ride and you could do the river rafting in Bryson City.

Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:39 PM   #4
sloopdog 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim W View Post
Do not know if this is the proper thread to post in but I will try this one first.

My DW and I are planning a June trip to the Blue Ridge park way. With several stops at different cities, states and camping parks to stay at. We are not very familiar with the state of NC and would like some recommendations on sites and things to do. We do not want to travel to the coastal area just staying around the Blue Ridge Park Way area.
Thanks for the info.
Jim
How was the trip to N.C.? Tarheel native here.
sloopdog 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:06 AM   #5
Jim W

Of all the camp grounds that we stated at, my DW and I like Lake Powhatan the best. This is in Asheville, NC and is a COE park. We camp on the lake side loop and had a flat level site with full hook-ups. There is plenty of space between you and the next camp site. The only thing wrong with the site is you must back-up from the passenger side, which I am not the best at.

There is a lot to do in this area and we did not allow enough time to do everything there is to do here. We used the campsite as a base to explore from so we did not spend a lot of time in the actual park. Would like to have spent more time in the park and enjoy the park better. Maybe next time we go we would stay longer, but this would be in the fall to escape the heat and humidity.

Jim
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote