Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2012, 02:52 AM   #1
brett50

how do you do the manual slideout?

Just purchased a 2013 280bh passport. We spent 8 days in it and loved it! question is, where is the motor for the slide out and how do u get to it if there is ever a need to close it manually? I'd like to know just in case. thanks!
brett50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:54 AM   #2
f6bits

Cross your fingers that it never happens. Or that your wife is Elastigirl.

On mine, and many other Passports, the motor is above the slide. That means that if your slide needs to be manually activated, you need to figure out how to get at that motor that’s mounted on the wall above the slide, behind the slide trim panels.

I have yet to find *anybody* who has figured this out in a usable way. One person has said that you need to remove that center block in the trim. My trim block is permanently installed, so removal requires some damage.

Oh, and you should have received some 1 foot flexible extensions that look like they fit a drill motor. That’s the driver to manually spin the motor.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:49 AM   #3
Clark

f6bits iis correct I own the 2510rb and gone around and around with keystone on the bal accuslide, Keystone enclosed the cables chain and motor where it is almost impossible to get to just for adjustments let alone cable replacement, As for overiding the slide manually you cannot get a drill motor where you need it there is no room only i see how is to remove the whole top valance this what keystone told me to do, And they apologized my valance is 13ft long and is held in place by staples or small nails would be a chore to remove. sorry for long rant this topic irks me.
Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:20 PM   #4
Halibutman214

I have the 2680BH and yes you have to remove that center piece of trim. You have to remove the two plugs that hide the screws and then remove the screws. While it is still hard to get to it is doable with the flexible extension you should have recieved. If you don't carry a drill however forget it!
Halibutman214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:55 AM   #5
ls1mike

Mine looks like it has that center piece of trim you can remove also. Now I just need to call the dealer as I did not receive any flexible extensions.

2000 Trans Am WS6 11 seconds of 1/4 mile goodness.
The rest of the cars don't matter.
ls1mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:41 PM   #6
Halibutman214

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1mike View Post
Mine looks like it has that center piece of trim you can remove also. Now I just need to call the dealer as I did not receive any flexible extensions.
I ran across mine in the bag of manuals I got. You would think this would be something that would be at the top of the list on the PDI.
Halibutman214 is offline   Reply With Quote