Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2010, 12:31 PM   #1
Ruffus

Roof Mounted A/C

Finally got to take our Sprinter 360QDS out for a shake down cruise to see if everything worked, it' only been sitting in storage for three months. Arrived at our destination in SE Orlando and set up with out any problems. The A/C unit was blowing air like crazy but I couldn't hear the compressor running and the air was not cooling. Has anyone else had this problem? Checked all circuts, wall mounted thermostat but no luck. It still was a great time because we had a nice breeze off the lake all day and night. Other than a small water leak under the kitcken sink no other problems.
Curt Q24 hitch for in bed puck system
Fulltimng.
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 12:54 PM   #2
Flyguy

I find that the water leaks are from the drain pipe joints, I hand tightened the fittings more than once to stop it, guess I'll have to use a wrench short of gluing them. The AC is another story, you might check for an automatic breaker in the compressor circuit in the unit, also the thermostat's yellow lead is the one the triggers the unit but if the fan works on cool then the yellow lead is probably doing its job and fusing and voltage is getting there, so it probably is compressor related, if its in warranty let the dealer chase it down.
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:42 PM   #3
Ruffus

Thanks for info

Thank you for the info, I'll pull the filters and check the leads. The unit is only three months old and under warranty but I thought I'd check all I could before driving a 150 months North. I think the water leak could be internal or an over zelus DW who scrubs and scrubs and scrubs. Thanks
Fulltimng.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:44 PM   #4
Flyguy

You might want to view this file on AC maintainance from my homepage: http://www.eaa1358.com/Passport/Air%...aintenance.pdf There are many other files in the AC folder for the Dometic 579 series of AC units. Just click on flyguy in the upper left of this post and follow the menu options to get to my homepage, then look around and download whatever you need.
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 05:33 PM   #5
hankpage
Site Team

There is a delay of up to 6 min. between when the fan starts to compressor start. This is to avoid short-cycling the compressor. Like waiting for water to boil, waiting for compressor can seem like forever.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:36 PM   #6
Ruffus

Found the Problem W/ A/C Unit

Well, like Flyguy said, check the yellow wires. The one on the thermostat was fine but while checking the filters I noticed the yellow wire inside the a/c unit was broken at the slip on connector. While trying to remove it I caught a set of double white 18 gage wires that are connected together with a pin plug and pulled them out of their connector. The problem is I cannot see where it plugs back into. The only othe place it could be from is the ceiling fan that is close to the a/c unit. Problem now is not being able to see through the ceiling stud. Always something.
Fulltimng.