Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-26-2011, 11:29 AM   #1
sprinter276

Question wf-co converter

we were using a elect. heater then it tripped a 15amp breaker. reset it pushed the gfi and the gfi lite came on but gfi plung does not eork or plugs on that circut. i replaced the gfi. still the same problem. the guy at the rv store said they replace alot of wf-co converters. any info. will be helpful. thx
sprinter276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 01:26 PM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter276 View Post
we were using a elect. heater then it tripped a 15amp breaker. reset it pushed the gfi and the gfi lite came on but gfi plung does not eork or plugs on that circut. i replaced the gfi. still the same problem. the guy at the rv store said they replace alot of wf-co converters. any info. will be helpful. thx
All of the outlets are cheaply made and are only connected by spring tension to the wire. Replacing the outlets with better quality will most likely solve your problem. If the other circuits are working the control panel is probably good (The Converter supplies 12v dc and has nothing to do with 110v ac outlets) First thing I would do is disconnect from shore power and tighten the wires on the back of the breakers and on the neutral bar. Then check each outlet on that circuit. I think it is more likely to have a bad outlet or GFIC than a control panel. JM2¢, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:57 PM   #3
ktmracer

If your trailer is like mine and many (most?) trailers the WFCO converter is NOT repeat NOT on a GFI outlet. The GFI circuit is the bathroom outlet, kitchen outlet(s) and outside outlet(s). so the problem probably does NOT lie with the converter.

2004 Silverado CC/SB/ 4x4 Duramax
Pace 14' bike hauler with full living quarters
ktmracer is offline   Reply With Quote