Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2011, 07:25 AM   #1
millard

waiting

is keystone on time with there build ship dates.
Here's the deal we orderd our trailer six weeks ago and was told it was going to ship on oct 24th...Ugh i'm still waitng to here if its in the dealer is 600 miles form keystone so i would think a day or too to get to them. the selling dealer told us they would call a week before the trailer was in so we could get the vin to get ins.....
millard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:41 AM   #2
jq1031

Keystone uses private transporters to deliver the unit to the dealership. Often times these transporters get backed up so the trailer sits for a while before its journey to the dealer. That Oct 24 date you have is most likely the day it came off the line & is ready to go.
jq1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:38 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Many of the private transporters are individuals with a diesel 3/4 ton truck. Most of them are "semi-retired and/or have part time jobs and tow trailers as a "side line" when they're not at work. I've got a brother in law and 2 neighbors who tow for a manufacturer in northern Indiana. They get a call from the dispatcher that they have a load "on Tuesday going to Nebraska" If they have time off from work and it doesn't interfere with "hunting season, or what else may be a priority" they accept the load and head out early on the morning of the transport, hook up and tow it to the destination. My BIL has turned down several deliveries recently as he is trying to get his roofing business caught up before the snow flies. One of the neighbors NEVER tows in October/November because of deer hunting, the other hasn't been home in 3 weeks because he is towing every day.

So, my guess is that your trailer is sitting in the outbound lot at Keystone waiting for a dispatcher to find someone to tow it to your dealer's lot. If very many of the "good ol' boys" are in the woods right now, you might be in for a delay before it arrives....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:59 AM   #4
jq1031

Back in March I drove up to Goshen, Indiana & picked up my TT. My dealer made arrangements with D&T RV service in that city to do the walk through & delivery as Keystone does not do factory deliveries. Although I had to spend the time & fuel to do that I saved the transport fee of $1600.00. Being retired, it worked for me!
Old 11-03-2011, 01:43 PM   #5
cumminsdad08

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Many of the private transporters are individuals with a diesel 3/4 ton truck. Most of them are "semi-retired and/or have part time jobs and tow trailers as a "side line" when they're not at work. I've got a brother in law and 2 neighbors who tow for a manufacturer in northern Indiana. They get a call from the dispatcher that they have a load "on Tuesday going to Nebraska" If they have time off from work and it doesn't interfere with "hunting season, or what else may be a priority" they accept the load and head out early on the morning of the transport, hook up and tow it to the destination. My BIL has turned down several deliveries recently as he is trying to get his roofing business caught up before the snow flies. One of the neighbors NEVER tows in October/November because of deer hunting, the other hasn't been home in 3 weeks because he is towing every day.

So, my guess is that your trailer is sitting in the outbound lot at Keystone waiting for a dispatcher to find someone to tow it to your dealer's lot. If very many of the "good ol' boys" are in the woods right now, you might be in for a delay before it arrives....
X2 on this statement. guy i work with, father in law, does this for a living, and this time stright up thru the new year, he hardly hauls anything, just enough to keep the heat and lights on. with hunting and the holidays (large family, and he visits ALL of them individually) he hardly has any free time. so this is most likely the case. just sit tight, or take off for a few days and go get her yourself. another guy i worked with did this, and saved a pile of cash, and got to use his new RV right away.
Dogs
Buddy-beagle hound mix
Emily-beagle hound mix
Sadie-boarder collie (my amish one)
cumminsdad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:17 AM   #6
millard

well got the call its in but.....it's wrong it was orderd with alum rims but they put the steel one's on it so now they don't know what there gonna do. they said they may reorder it (6 more weeks) or see if keystone will ship them the right rims. the problem i have with this is i called both keystone and the dealer to make sure they were on there btw this is why i bought it from this dealer i coulda got 1 a hr away from me in the right color for the same $ and no wait sofar i'm not happy with both keystone and the dealer
Old 11-04-2011, 08:11 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by millard View Post
well got the call its in but.....it's wrong it was orderd with alum rims but they put the steel one's on it so now they don't know what there gonna do. they said they may reorder it (6 more weeks) or see if keystone will ship them the right rims. the problem i have with this is i called both keystone and the dealer to make sure they were on there btw this is why i bought it from this dealer i coulda got 1 a hr away from me in the right color for the same $ and no wait sofar i'm not happy with both keystone and the dealer
In all likelyhood, Keystone will opt to replace the wheels rather than replace the trailer. Look at it on the "bright side", this way you have 4 (or 5) brand new wheels/tires instead of the ones that were used to transport the trailer from Indiana to the dealer's lot. Make sure, when you go look at the trailer, that you make note of the tires that are on it, and when you get this resolved, make sure the tires are the same size or larger. Last thing you want right now is the dealer swapping wheel/tire assemblies from another trailer on his lot and you end up with smaller than intended tires !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 11-04-2011, 10:21 AM   #8
millard

Quote:
In all likelyhood, Keystone will opt to replace the wheels rather than replace the trailer. Look at it on the "bright side", this way you have 4 (or 5) brand new wheels/tires instead of the ones that were used to transport the trailer from Indiana to the dealer's lot. Make sure, when you go look at the trailer, that you make note of the tires that are on it, and when you get this resolved, make sure the tires are the same size or larger. Last thing you want right now is the dealer swapping wheel/tire assemblies from another trailer on his lot and you end up with smaller than intended tires !!!!!
Great idea!! I was told that there shiping the right/new rims and tires this week so are steup to get it next saturday....i don't know whats on it now as i have not seen it myself i'm only going off of what i was told by the dearler.but i do know what size is supposed to be on it from keystone I hope this is the only problem i have (this is my first travel trailer) i here every new trailer has issues,and from what i read on the fourms i'm gonna need warranty work oh and my tv is too small
Old 11-04-2011, 10:50 AM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

ROFLMAO !!!! Let's don't start on size of tow vehicles LOL I'd suggest you do a search for predelivery checklists on this forum and print out a copy to take with you. Read over it, become familiar with it, and then use it to mark off items as you inspect them during the delivery. You'd be amazed at how many quesitons you'll have once you get home and sit inside your new RV looking at things. Only then will you realize that you don't know "squat" about that new toy LOL

Use the checklist, it will help guide you through the process and will certainly help you focus on items as they are presented, thereby causing you to address them, ask questions about them, write down "memory joggers" about them as you move on to the next item. Once home, those notes will become invaluable.

I'd make a note on the top of the checklist: "double check tire size" and then move on... <wink>

Enjoy the new trailer, don't be afraid of warranty issues. For the most part, Keystone isn't as "terrible" as we all fear. Rather it's the "fear" of what might happen that drives us to those sleepless nights

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 11-04-2011, 11:34 AM   #10
millard

Quote:
ROFLMAO !!!! Let's don't start on size of tow vehicles LOL I'd suggest you do a search for predelivery checklists on this forum and print out a copy to take with you. Read over it, become familiar with it, and then use it to mark off items as you inspect them during the delivery. You'd be amazed at how many quesitons you'll have once you get home and sit inside your new RV looking at things. Only then will you realize that you don't know "squat" about that new toy LOL

Use the checklist, it will help guide you through the process and will certainly help you focus on items as they are presented, thereby causing you to address them, ask questions about them, write down "memory joggers" about them as you move on to the next item. Once home, those notes will become invaluable.

I'd make a note on the top of the checklist: "double check tire size" and then move on... <wink>

Enjoy the new trailer, don't be afraid of warranty issues. For the most part, Keystone isn't as "terrible" as we all fear. Rather it's the "fear" of what might happen that drives us to those sleepless nights

LOL yeah i won't tell that my tv is a 4.10 geared,worked 4.7 dodge ram 1500 qc..hehe.And i love the check list idea! thanx again
Old 11-04-2011, 11:51 AM   #11
jq1031

I agree don't be afraid of warranty issues. I had a laundry list of mostly small items that were fixed without any hassle. Keystone does care about its retail customers. It seems alot of the complaining is usually about post warranty stuff so for the first year keep on top of any issues with the unit & hopefully any bugs that may occur will be resolved under warranty. Enjoy your new TT.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:43 PM   #12
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by millard View Post
Great idea!! I was told that there shiping the right/new rims and tires this week so are steup to get it next saturday....i don't know whats on it now as i have not seen it myself i'm only going off of what i was told by the dearler.but i do know what size is supposed to be on it from keystone I hope this is the only problem i have (this is my first travel trailer) i here every new trailer has issues,and from what i read on the fourms i'm gonna need warranty work oh and my tv is too small
millard, Tell your dealer to have the new tires and wheels balanced before mounting them. It is the least they can do to keep you happy and will make a big difference in tire and suspension wear. JM2˘, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote