Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-12-2014, 02:31 PM   #1
lizzie

My question about mods on a Bullet 248RKS

Click image for larger version

Name:	TT mods and white squirrels 2-14 010.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	5292
Click image for larger version

Name:	TT mods and white squirrels 2-14 010.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	5292
This was supposed to have a photo but it didn't work out. Our Bullet has the rear kitchen with an entrance door behind the dinette. We took the back off the dinette and installed three Closetmaid drawers under the seat. We cut the back to fit just above the opening for the drawers and put it back. We now have an opening 40" long and 14" wide that we need to cover. We can have doors made or use the left over piece of panel to come up with something. I am thinking of mounting two strips that have an inward facing grooves, and mount the panel to move up and down. (Does this make sense?) Would appreciate suggestions. I am not dismayed about the project at all. I HAD to have some way to access that space and if I have to hang a curtain over it I will do so. Thanks, lizzie[LIST]
[/LIS
lizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:36 PM   #2
GaryWT

I would say you want to find three doors to attach there with a clip to keep them closed during travel.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:55 AM   #3
KMH

I will agree with GaryWT; You should be able to find three doors that will cover it.

Where did you pick up the drawers? This gives me ideas for storage in our overhead cabinets..
KMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:56 PM   #4
hankpage
Site Team

lizzie, The pieces of paneling that are under the seat cushions are usually the same as the walls of the trailer. Replacing them with regular plywood would allow you to use these panels to fabricate doors that would match the walls. Along with the panel that you removed you should have enough material to fabricate something that matches. I have faith in you. JM2¢, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 03:53 PM   #5
lizzie

We bought the drawers at Home Depot. They are Closetmaid and come with the tracks for installation. on the bottom. We used 1 /1's nailed to the floor (with a nailgun) to screw down the tracks and to raise them high enough to clear the frame of the dinette. We were careful in cutting the panel off the back of the dinette and we have a 40'x14' piece left over. Today I bought two pieces of bronze-colored metal channel used for mounting 1/4 inch mirror panels. I hope to install these vertically so that I can slide the cover up and down. The TT is in Florida so I will do it until next week. Since my photos did work after all, I will send more when I am done. lizzie
Old 03-14-2014, 06:08 PM   #6
ThePressureIsOn

Welcome to the forum lizzie,

Nice creative mod. We have a 248RKS and love it and have also used the sliding wire shelves, but in cupboard over the couch.

Since you have access, do yourself a favor and reinforce the back of your dinette seat back. http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/att...9&d=1359726179 They are quite weak and have broken by leaning back a little too hard.

Also there are quite a few mods that been done to other 248RKS. Check out this link: http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8238

Again, welcome to the forum!
ThePressureIsOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:49 PM   #7
theeyres

Nice mod. I did something similar with two cutouts and made doors to cover the opening using the wood I cut out for the opening. But your idea of slides sure sounds easier, will look nice, and be very functional.

2007 33.5' Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel used for full-timing for several years--now sold
2011 Hideout 23RKSWE that we now use for poking around local parks
2007 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel with Prodigy Brake Control
theeyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 01:58 PM   #8
lizzie

I realize now that I should have posted this question under the modifications forum but I am a Keystone newbie. Thanks for the suggestions. Will check on reinforcing the back of the dinette. I appreciate the links too. I always do "mods" on our RV's and then have to start over when we get a new one. One of the reasons that we buy used. I don't feel so guilty when I start cutting stuff up. lizzie
Old 03-17-2014, 05:37 PM   #9
KMH

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
I realize now that I should have posted this question under the modifications forum but I am a Keystone newbie. Thanks for the suggestions. Will check on reinforcing the back of the dinette. I appreciate the links too. I always do "mods" on our RV's and then have to start over when we get a new one. One of the reasons that we buy used. I don't feel so guilty when I start cutting stuff up. lizzie

Same here! I usually have along list of mods that I completed, and then I have to start over again.

Speaking of which, I did mention that seeing this thread added a mod to my list, right?

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Thanks for posting!
KMH is offline   Reply With Quote