Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2010, 10:54 AM   #1
DuningDiva

Can't reach my roof vents!!

Does anyone know if there is an attachment that allows one to open the roof vents? I have one in my main living area, and one in my 1/2 bath that the roof is so tall, they are impossible to reach!! My dealer is unaware of one, and I would like to be able to open them, turn on fan in the bathroom. Thanks for your input in advance! Judy
Old 05-24-2010, 12:07 PM   #2
KanTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuningDiva View Post
Does anyone know if there is an attachment that allows one to open the roof vents? I have one in my main living area, and one in my 1/2 bath that the roof is so tall, they are impossible to reach!! My dealer is unaware of one, and I would like to be able to open them, turn on fan in the bathroom. Thanks for your input in advance! Judy
Judy,

There's a vent 'replacement knob' & pole available... the pole is called a *Vent Stick*.
It appears these items are sold separately. Here's some examples:

http://tweetys.com/ventsticktwoknobkit.aspx

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c....aspx?a=528103

http://www.berrylandcampers.com/rv-p...ck-p-3179.html

http://www.adventurerv.net/vent-stick-p-1027.html

Hope this helps! Terri (& Kevin)
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:11 PM   #3
MightyMike
Permanent User Ban

I was wondering if mine was the only one with a bath fan so high you can't reach it. I have a 3602 Raptor with a half bath in the rear. When I had all of my problems with the unit and it was back at the dealership, I asked them why there was a fan on the vent that was 11 feet off of the floor. No way to reach it to open the vent or turn on the fan, but there is a fantastic fan not 6 feet away in the garage area. Asked them if it was some kind of mix up or something. Never did get an answer from anyone, but Keystone did authorize the dealer to install a remote control fan under warranty.
MightyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:03 AM   #4
DuningDiva

Thanks Terri (& Kevin)!! I just ordered them thru Tweeties, following your link. You would think Keystone would have anticipated this as an issue and just supplied one with the rig!! Go Figure!
Old 05-25-2010, 07:24 PM   #5
KanTC

RE: Can't reach my roof vents!!

You're very welcome Diva.
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:51 PM   #6
wheelygoode

By chance the manual wrench for the jacks was still inside (new unit and we hadn't put it in the storage area yet) and I discovered that the end of that just fits over the handle of the vents perfectly! Now we may have to change where we store this thing!
wheelygoode is offline   Reply With Quote