Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2010, 01:19 PM   #1
Rob_G

Fan-Tastic Vent Installation

Posted this last week in another forum....

I just completed my Fan-tastic Vent installation. I went with the 4000R model on this one as these units are fully upgradeable and I didn't want to shell out the cash at the moment for the big 6000R model. Not much to say about this mod. It was fairly easy and a good one to do. I opted to place this one in the bathroom. I know I could've done it in the bunkhouse or the master bedroom up front but by putting this in the center, it's a good breeze from all windows. Even with the bathroom door closed, that little 1" gap is great for pulling air in and out the fan. Should I experience any black tank funk fumes, this will help as well. Here are the pics....

Inside above the bath.... OBVIOUSLY!!!

On the roof... again... OBVIOUSLY!!!
Rob_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 02:21 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Nice install. We have 2 of these but decided to go with the 5000RBT and the Maxxair roof vent cover especially designed for these fans. They don't recommend using a regular vent cover since it will reduce the air flow. With your type of cover, it is also recommended that the vent be open at least 3 in for maximum efficiency. In my manual, it says that "with the dome 1/3 open, the fan exhaust efficiency is reduced by 10%. You will really enjoy how these fans help move air in and out of your unit.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:59 PM   #3
Rob_G

That's the thing. I had Maxxair covers on all 3 of my vents and noticed that I couldn't use this one with this. Glad to hear they have one that will work with this. Do you have a part/model number for that so I can check it out?
Old 04-24-2010, 04:08 PM   #4
Festus2
Site Team

Hello Rob G......
The covers are "Maxxair Fan/Mates" ...I would suggest going to www.maxxair.com and you can find out all you need to know about colours, models, etc. The FanMates used with the fans aren't cheap but work really well with the Fantastic Fans and are specifically designed for use with them. They simply fit over your existing vent so you can leave your vent open while travelling and not having to worry about it flapping about.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:25 PM   #5
Rob_G

Thx... checking them out now.