Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2012, 09:15 AM   #1
DocData757

TV Lift adjustment

We've been using the TV lift for a year now, up and down at least once a day. A short time ago, it started sticking in the up position. I had to use a wrench to turn the lift screw in a direction that would start the lift in the downward direction and then the switch would work. Next, I found that if I hit the down button real quick after the lift had completed it didn't stick. That worked but was too easy to forget and out came the wrench again.

Just a few days ago, I noticed what appeared to be adjustment screws (Allen wrench headed, see photo), one on the top plate on each of the 2 guide legs. They were completely retracted and looked like they had never been adjusted. So, I loosened the lock nut on each and screwed them in so that about 3/16" of the screw was all the way through the plate, sticking out of the bottom. Now, no more sticking! I think it was jamming itself against the washer on top of the lift screw. Now it stops just before making contact there.

I went on to adjust the separately so the TV was more level than it had been.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0425.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	1896  
DocData757 is offline   Reply With Quote