Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #1
Dontcha

Furnace stopped working

Furnace stopped working in the middle of the night this weekend... Was working when I went to bed but got up about 3am to feed the baby and it was freezing. Furnace wouldnt light. Thank god we had a little ceramic heater. The wierd part is when I got up in the morning to trouble shoot it it started working??

Wife says it was "clicking" about once every 5 minutes and increased to about once a minute like it was trying light unsuccessfully. ... But she was drinking.

Temp thru the day went from about 60 to a low of 30

This is a 2012 raptor 377se only a month old. We bought it new right before labor day and have camped every weekend with no issues. I seriously doubt I have went anywhere close to using up both lp tanks.... Thoughts?
Dontcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:14 AM   #2
CWI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontcha View Post
Furnace stopped working in the middle of the night this weekend... Was working when I went to bed but got up about 3am to feed the baby and it was freezing. Furnace wouldnt light. Thank god we had a little ceramic heater. The wierd part is when I got up in the morning to trouble shoot it it started working??

Wife says it was "clicking" about once every 5 minutes and increased to about once a minute like it was trying light unsuccessfully. ... But she was drinking.

Temp thru the day went from about 60 to a low of 30

This is a 2012 raptor 377se only a month old. We bought it new right before labor day and have camped every weekend with no issues. I seriously doubt I have went anywhere close to using up both lp tanks.... Thoughts?
With the igniter clicking and not lighting, it sounds like it wasn't getting fuel for whatever reason. Do your tanks switch automatically?
CWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:04 PM   #3
blackty

Probably out of gas...Jim
Old 10-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #4
Azdryheat

Are you getting gas to the stove?

Something else to consider is vapor lock at the regulator.

To fix: turn the tank valves off and disconnect the gas lines from both tanks.
Next open the burner valves at the stove. Reverse this procedure and all should be well.

What this procedure does is gets your regulator out of vapor lock by allowing the regulator to return to normal pressure on both sides of the valve. Before I learned of this remedy I've gone so far as to buy new regulators for my home BBQ when it was just vapor lock at the regulator.

2008 Everest 305T
2009 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
Azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote