Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2017, 05:48 PM   #41
kennyskywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchyBoy View Post
I think that any gas truck will have a higher payload than the identically built diesel truck due to the weight of the diesel engine. The max gvwr of the truck doesn't change, so the lighter gas engine will leave more payload.
One more thing to consider, the max tow capacity using gooseneck hitch is 11380lbs. I am convinced that it is impossible to achieve the max tow weight because the pin weight would be closer to 20% of max tow weight which is over payload capacity for gas or diesel. The Nissan book shows max pin weight for truck at 1707lbs which is 15% of 11380lbs (gas version), i don't know of any trailer weighing 11380 to have pin weight of 15%, its more like 19-20% or more. The XD has potential, the specs look appealing but payload challenges don't support Nissans max ratings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
kennyskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote